ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

buzzing sound from by interior light on 02 172?

Rb 182
theres a funny buzzing sound coming from by my interior light in my 02 plate 172? sounds like a wasp is stuck in there, any ideas???:S

they all buzz... its the temp sensor fan making all the plastic vibrate- you can get a new one for £20ish but i can't see it fixing the problem completely.
i can't see it being the reason for the blowers not working - it might affect the temperature control but its more likely the blower resistor's fucked

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
My 172 and 182 never buz, it's the temp sensor thingy.

Icey 172
Yep, its the climate control senser.
Very common fault apparently.
Mine does it too.
There is a guide somewhere on here on how to remove it and either replace it or give it a clean which sometimes helps.
£20ish quid for a new one as has been said but Ive heard reports that they start buzzing again after a few months.
Ive sort of got used to it now.......

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Yeah the fan is proper loud after a while, mine does the same, ive had it out and air dusted it etc and its made no difference, im used to it now.

Black 182
I had same problem, i pulled the casing off the light, and moved cables about and its fine now, does it get worse as you speed up :)

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
about 99.9% of them do it.

There was a guide somewhere to make it quieter.
I quite like it buzzing though, tells me that its working