ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bye bye 330Ci, Hello Polo GTI

Disastra Coupe
So basically, i'm trying to move out the parents and get my own place - running a 330 is expensive at the best of times, let alone when getting your own place so i decided to downgrade. I still wanted something fun but it needed to be cheaper to buy and run. Stumbled across this and decided to go with it!

The private plate was kept by the previous owner, mind...

T2eC16dUE9s3wDcdOBRkPG0Mjq60_57_zps2f31ee7c.jpg

T2eC16Fy8E9s2fjFHOBRkPHOfSg60_57_zps35dc6c20.jpg

T2eC16VzEE9s3YHLBRkPHETDlQ60_57_zpsd55b4aa5.jpg

Plans are: Raise it, fix wheel bearing... Enjoy it.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Bet that feels different!

Looks nice that. Always liked them. Plans are good, looks broke as is.

Disastra Coupe
Are these 1.6 mate?

Yea, 1.6 16v - 125bhp (so VW claim)

Bet that feels different!

Looks nice that. Always liked them. Plans are good, looks broke as is.

Very different lol... But it's a lot more fun. The Beemer was a lovely cruiser, couldn't fault it one bit (minus being heavy on fuel) but so far this seems a lot more fun.

TT QS
I really like these. Personally think the front plate looks horrible where it is. But cool car. Any mods or simply drive it?

quite like these myself, looked at getting 1 before but after a mate went through a few boxes i thought sod that lol

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Always used to like these. Looks spot on other than looking at the back as they're so damn dull from the rear imo.

Disastra Coupe
Yea, I'd read about the boxes but this one feels really good and isn't making any incorrect noises etc!

As said, plans to raise it - probably get round to it Saturday!

TTRS & V50
I think they look stunning and love the wheels, it's a shame they are dog slow like the Lupo GTi. I know they don't mean to be quick as it's a warm hatch, but if it had some poke I'd love one.

Disastra Coupe
I think they look stunning and love the wheels, it's a shame they are dog slow like the Lupo GTi. I know they don't mean to be quick as it's a warm hatch, but if it had some poke I'd love one.

I wouldn't say they're dog slow... It's quicker than my VTR was but not as quick as the 172 was. It's plenty nippy enough to have fun in!