ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bye bye cup...

Engles Mummy
...hello pug 307 1.4. Good swap hey?

Story goes...

Problem – Car wouldn't start due a cable not sending a signal to the spark plug to enable it to spark.

Solving the problem – So I ran the AA up, told them the problem with and that its still under warranty.

40 minutes later the AA dude arrived and he began to investigate my car. He couldn't fix the problem there & then, so he decided to tow me to Renault Harlow.

Now here is where the problems start lol...

My car was to low for him to tow it; he said once my wheels go through the gaps in the tow my front bumper would get damaged. He couldn't tow me from behind has that would force the front end of the car in to the ground and there for ripping the front bumper off. So he ran AA HQ and got his m8 to come pick it up...you see his m8 was packing some serious heat; an 8 ton flat bed lorry.

The AA dude left and his flat bed lorry m8 arrived 40 minutes later. He got out and look at my car will a grin, he came over and said "Please don’t tell me your car has been lowered more then 20mm" I laughed and said “It’s lowered by 70mm m8”. He then took a deep breath and went to the back of his lorry; he then came back with some ramps & blocks of wood.

Picture the scene - Big f**k off lorry, my tiny little cup, ramps & dodgy looking bits of wood, mm's to spare and then to add insult to injury...his tow cable made more problems.

The tow cable when it was tense pushed up in to my front bumper almost snapping it. So I decided to stand on the cable to force it down to release the pressure on the front bumper. This worked well and he slowly but surely got my car on!

While I went inside to have a piss the guy was nice enough to ring Renault Harlow & a rent a car company. I came back to find that Renault Harlow are awaiting for my car and that I got a free courtesy car waiting for me in Stansted.

So 30mins later I was at Renault Harlow, now if you think putting the car on was hard...taking it off was a whole new league of ghetto.

Taking it off took about 30mins but at least the car is still in one piece. The guy then drove me all the way to stands Ted to pick my car courtesy car up, yay!

What a f**king day...

Pictures -

The start

repair4.jpg

Getting ready -

repair2.jpg

Ramps & wood ready -

repair1.jpg

My poor front bumper -

repair5.jpg

Almost done -

repair6.jpg

We're on, just a little bit more... -

repair7.jpg

Panic over -

repair8.jpg

Arriving at Harlow, car looks the nuts! -

repair9.jpg

Going round the back to drop the b**ch off -

repair10.jpg

END

Overall it was a f**king tiresome day!

The AA are the f**king b****cks, they done everything for me and there decent peeps! Big thumbs up to you boys!

I get my car back umm NO IDEA.

I'll ring Renault Harlow tomorrow to see what’s going on, thank god for warranty hey lol?

Despite all the s**t today, I'm still smiling :):)

Cheers All

Adam

Engles Mummy
Towed it from Chelmsford, took about 25mins to get to Harlow.

The tow had 4 tons of pressure behind it, if I would have used the tow eye it would have just ripped it out.

The towing cable was attached to another cable which was then attached to my two front wish bones.

My courtesy car is pretty gangster - 1.4 06 model, AC, very nice seats and it goes to 5k revs!

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat
Looks interesting, i'm surprised Renault will touch it being modified...you must have an understanding Renault garage....

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
what suspension is your car lowered on, sits well at the rear ;)

No more clio's for me!
lol...quality! lovesit!

The AA chaps are great, nothing but respect for 'em! :D

Hope you get it back soon.

Engles Mummy
The engine is completely standard, thats why its covered.

I'm on FK KONI adj's

Renault harlow have always been good to me, there going to sort out my thumb grips also under warranty, yay!

Engles Mummy
The car I cut out of that picture is very special indeed, I don't want it displayed over the net for everyone to see as It will attract unwanted attention :)

M2 Competition
Lmao at lawrence! he only posted the above pic cos he knows the car is broken cos he drove it. it worked fine when i took it for a spin...

lol

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
rex said:
Lmao at lawrence! he only posted the above pic cos he knows the car is broken cos he drove it. it worked fine when i took it for a spin...

lol

hehe maybe it was the touch of Loz!!!

Engles Mummy
Trophydan - lol do you feel big now? Little detective over there are we?

It might off been mitch as charged over that speed hump.

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
lol you know im jesting sweet cheeks x x

oh yeah blame thomas crusie, if renault ask what you think might have caused just tell them you let tom cruise drive your car and went abit awol over a speed hump

172 ff
i think people can read the renault sport badge that comes as standard without the ghay sticker in the back window.
AA are class tho, both times ive had them out in the last 2 months only for small things (which i thought were show stoppers) temp sensor cable and clutch cable nut, both times sorted roadside, nice blokes too, much better than RAC by a long way.

Golf GTI 1.8T
ahhh is there a thread I havent been mention in!!!

you gheys!!

adam thats a sad little story, hope you get cuppy back soony.

Engles Mummy
Yay! Got the cup back! They didn't even clean it lol

I f**king love Renault Harlow!

Mystery car hints -

German, Big, Powerful, Gangster

Engles Mummy
much much faster ^

The cable which sends a signal to the spark plugs wasn't sending any signals, so the spark plugs were not sparking.