ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bypassing Immobiliser - Help Needed

Clio 1.2
Hi Guys,

Pretty new to the forum been having a few poblems though. Just bought myself a car alarm/Remote starting Kit the only problem is I need to be able to bypass the Immobiliser for the Remote start to work. Has anybody had any dealings with such a project?

Thanks in advance

)oe

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
You CAN bypass the immobilser, but I am not prepared to tell how on an open forum.

Not many people would thank me if there cars went missing as a result.

Your Renault dealer can also do this for you, but remember it will invalidate your insurance unless you tell your insurer and pay the additional premium.

It is also illegal to use a remote start device on a public road or on private property where the public have a right of access.

Clio 172mk2
i know on my remote start theyve took the spare key elecy part and straped that to the ring reader. obv this takes the cat imobiliser part off which insurence wouldnt be happy about , but providing yer newer alarm is a cat at same grade or higher i wouldnt see there been a issue. yer it is illegal to start it in public etc but i`ve had no complaints or owt said.