ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Caged 172 shell

Sorry if this is in the wrong place guys!

So i was planning on buulding a 172 rally car, but since them decided to hire out a scoobie, and now fallen in love with that.

So my dilemma is, i have a fully caged 172 shell (can be rolling,have the parts), and really unsure if its worth me selling it, or keeping it.

What would people expect it to be worth as rolling or non rolling? If its not worth that much, i beleive id probably be better off keeping it for a while and carry on building that on the side to use once my 4wd buzz has gone.

dan's cast offs.
value all depends on the cage and the quality of the welding, last one i saw for sale looked like it had been welded by stevie wonder.

Haha, profesionally welded re inforcing plates, it is a bolt in cage to MSA/FIA spec, so could pull it out but easier if it all went as one or its a wasted bit of time and money.

Also a ph2 if it makes any difference.

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
too many details unknown to give a guide price.

1. condition of shell
2. what manufacturer made the cage
3. if cage is self made, spec of materials used etc
4. how in/complete is the shell (glass, doors,wings, wiring etc etc)

Shell in ok condition, two dents that i would touch up before selling.

It is an OMP cage for MSA/FIA standards, certainly not self made.

All glass, doors and wings are there, only thing missing on wxterior is fromt bumper and lights. Also has all wiring, has dashboard in, steering column back in, steering wheel(not that great)