ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

calling all 1.6 16v people

i am looking for an air induction kit for my 2001 1.6 16v any got any pictures of installs or offer any help. cheers

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Apparentlt the BMC does sounds nice and performs decently too, dunno where youd get them

snap i got the same as david_129, absolutley love it growls and performance seems improved , took a while to fit so 20 quid is a good ideA

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

yeah relocator as i said...but u cant have the relocator kit if u have air con like me!!

~*David*~

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

110 bhp as standard 0-60 9.6ish, induction kit is supposed to knock it up to 120 ...its definitely quicker, and the noise on the ramcharger is beautiful grrr. Havent timed my 0-60 yet...only got my induction kit fitted a day ago!

Only kicks at high revs too so its no issue foolin your parents that u havent done anything to it....:oops:....so long as u drive em around and dont go above 3500 revs!!! ;)

~*David*~

davie_129 got any pictures u can send me of the install, also dos the air con get in the way, can where can the cold air come from?

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

Nah man no pictures although its pretty much identical to the pciture i previously posted. Its got such a lovely roar too and looks well mint inside. Dont worry about air con unless u get the relocator kit which put simply wont fit. So if u have air con get either the ramcharger or pipercross or k&n induction systems. I went for the ramcharger but there u go. Also the cold air comes from the front of the car...its fed in by the carbon fibre look housing which apparently protects the air from engine heat and thus increase cold air intake to the induction system (this is on the ramcharger one anywayz).

~*David*~

cheers u guys thanks for the help(y). sorry one last question on the ram charger is there and lean points. cos i heard that some induction kits creat a lean spot with the fuel. is your engine standard apart from the induction kit??

cheers smit

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

My engine has nothing done to it at all except the ramcharger...not clued up on the lean business... but if u know something i dont id appreciate the info. nice one.

Smit, what else have u done to urs?

~*David*~

i have done nothing yet, i am just seeing what is best and what people have done. I also have lack of money but when i do, mods are on the way.:D Also have u told the insurance company if so how much did it go up by??

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

For some reason my insurance company (Frizzell) arent bothered about any mods expcept engine transplants...so didnt go up at all! I woud recommend ramcharger but havent had anything else to compare with so maybe u should keep looking. Although i asked k-tec for the best one for the 1.6i and they told me that one. The actual induction kit is made by simota racing not by k-tec only the heat shield is made by ktec... theyre supposed to be good.

~*David*~

cheers davie looks like i will be buying a ramcharger, also are they easy to fit? how long does it take?? Have u got an after market exhaust???

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

Well...easy to fit if u know how...i got it with no instructions and took it to my modding garage who thought it would take 20mins to fit...to a little over an hour as some things were awkward. Still, when u start it let me know as i can prob help u out. If u know how id say half hour. But i must say without anything else in the engine (getting a strut brace soon), it looks well well mint. You open up the bonnet and the chrome pipe and heat shield just stick out...even girls with no idea about engines and how they look know....they just know...

After market ex?? whats that...

~*David*~

ok cheers davie i will add u to my buddies list and when i get one i will let u know. its like a k tec exhaust of powerflow.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

Getting an exhaust sometime next month, dont want a noisy one though as my engine already makes enough noise. Want style and performance without waking up whole street and setting of car alarams... i think im gonna go magnex

~*David*~

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

Yup it does i have it and climate control too. Its lovely. Just reved it up nice only 30 seconds ago! hehe

~*David*~

182 cup pack

Guys we measured today a Renault Megane 1,4 16v that had a Simota air filter,reprogrammed ecu,racing catalyst,groupN backbox and it showed 106,6 hp and 14,1 kg torgue.

After that we measured it with the BMC carbon dynamic airbox and it showed 111,7 hp and 14,7 kg torgue.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

Well im not really sure how applicable all that is given his engine is standard..and not a 1.4 .... and not a megane... and ramcharger has a heat shield...still i dunno..

another question davie whats the induction kit like when it is cold, when u first start the car in the morning ??? also whats it on long drives????

cheers smit

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

When its cold or when u start it up in the morning its fine. I mean it is not really noticeable but i rekon when ur first up in the morning the performance is a bit lower than after about 5mins in car. Its not really worth worryin about. Although technically i dont think ur supposed to rev it hard from cold start anyways so u wont really notice. Ive dont it a couple of times and noticed its not quite as nippy as usual. The only thing i would say is that cause i like to hear it growl i tend to rev high nowadays and i think my petrol consumption has gone up. Aside from that im well happy with it.

~David~