ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Calling all Eagle F1 users

Weeman sucks ****

Just had some F1s fitted to my cup (GS-D2s) and Im finding them really squidgy, especially at the rear, they seem to make the car feel like its swaying. Is there a running period at all??

They dont seem as hard as the contis. Does anyone else find this at all?

BMW 320d Sport

Pump them up to 34 psi and youll have no problems. I always have used Eagles and loved them but if you run them at normal pressures they do feel unsteady at speed. you can run 34-36 psi in them all day and theyll still wear perfectly evenly

Lee

BMW M2C

Ive not had any problems with mine. They gave me huge levels of confidence on the Scotland trip.

They do take a couple of hundred miles to run in.

[Edited by Lee M on 03 May 2004 at 12:15pm]

BMW 320d Sport

That is exactly what they will feel like if they are low. Most garages fill pump them up to whatever the book says, or in many cases dont even bother with that, and just pump up every tyre to 28psi regardless of what size it is or car its going on. I have always known if my tyres are low because they feel like they are swaying around at high speeds. Whether this is just Eagles I dont know, but they do like some decent pressure in them.

ST

I got michellin premacys on my 172 16s n theyre quality, maybe because ive only got a 1.2 16v n not a 172, but they stick pretty well in all weathers!

I dont rate them much to be honest. They tramline very badly on slightly uneven roads and torque steer is definately worse. And they are totally useless in the snow - granted my original Contis didnt actually see winter as they died after about 8.5 months so dont know if it is the car thats sh#te in snow or if its the tyres.

Weeman sucks ****

Well, very mixed views. I did hear tramlining isnt as bad with F1s.

Must say though, in the rain theyre pretty good but Im still taking it easy for a few hundred miles.

Should be getting her lowered soon so see how that feels aswell??

Trophy

Was also told by the bloke at the tyre place that it helps if you cook them first.
Go for a good drive down the motorway, let them cool down and then do the same again.

Mat.

Lee

BMW M2C

Im extremely pleased with mine.

Funny you should say that Matt, mine were run in the day I had them fitted when I drove from Birmingham to Surrey, then back a few days later.

mine were run in on about the second day i dont rate them at all tbh dunno how to compare them when i had 17x7.5 on before lol

Quote: Originally posted by CHRIS172CUP on 04 May 2004

Well, very mixed views. I did hear tramlining isnt as bad with F1s.

Must say though, in the rain theyre pretty good but Im still taking it easy for a few hundred miles.

Should be getting her lowered soon so see how that feels aswell??
Ive got Eibach pro spings and GSD3s. It is a big difference when compared to std.

The Jinx

Be intriguing to know what the difference is between the GSD2s and GSD3s.

Ive got the latter and the fan pattern is straight rather than curved like on the GSD2s.

I think theyre pretty sh*t-hot TBH. I dont care if theyre w**k in the snow as we hardly ever have any.

We have lots of rain though, and they are superb in the wet. Theyre also amazing in the dry.

The only thing is that they tramline a bit. Specially if you hit one of the joins in the tarmac. Then they just follow that join! But then thats probably as a result of the tread pattern. It will naturally want to follow faults in the road.

They come joint top every time in the tyre test with the P-Zeros so that suits me fine.

I like mine too. Took 2 or 3 hundred miles to scrub them in on the back but very pleased with them now. I run 35 front & 31 rear.

Skoda Fabia vRS

last night i put 35 in my Yoko fronts, and 34 in my GSD3 rears, makes a hell of a difference..........