ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Calls to 0800

2014 Clio 200t edc
If you have an iPhone, download the app iq4u, turns most 0844/5/800 numbers into numbers that are free from your mobile.
Other than that move to three. Lol in seriousness all networks will have to allow them soon.

I have a 020 number that I've used for years on mine. Call it up, then when it answers dial the 0800 number you require. Its only free if you have inclusive minutes left though:

020 0222 0900

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I've ended up with an Android App, seems to do the job.

I think what annoyed me was the way O2 choose to word it - if when you called an 0800 number the voice told you "calls to this number are not free from a mobile phone, please redial without the first 0" does that not imply to you that if you redial without the first 0 it becomes a free call? Maybe naive on my part, but it's just the way it sounds.

I'm going to Vodafone shortly, I don't get a signal with O2 at my desk at work - I get a 20% discount with Vodafone.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
I'm with Vodafone and genuinely couldn't fault them in the slightest. Data allowance is a bit sh*t despite being "unlimited" but that's all. I've got a booster and get 6GB per month now.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I'm with Vodafone and genuinely couldn't fault them in the slightest. Data allowance is a bit sh*t despite being "unlimited" but that's all. I've got a booster and get 6GB per month now.
I don't really need much data, I get by with 1GB at the moment; I've got WiFi at work and home, and when else do I need to do a lot of browsing? I don't stream video or music over 3G/4G, so not a problem.

I've ended up with an Android App, seems to do the job.

I think what annoyed me was the way O2 choose to word it - if when you called an 0800 number the voice told you "calls to this number are not free from a mobile phone, please redial without the first 0" does that not imply to you that if you redial without the first 0 it becomes a free call? Maybe naive on my part, but it's just the way it sounds.

I'm going to Vodafone shortly, I don't get a signal with O2 at my desk at work - I get a 20% discount with Vodafone.
I would have assumed the same to be fair..... what's the point in 're dialling without the 0 then?

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I would have assumed the same to be fair..... what's the point in 're dialling without the 0 then?
Simply that you cannot dial 0800 from a mobile phone I think, you have to drop the 0 to make the call, but it doesn't make it free.

I think it's slightly misleading - as I explained to the person I spoke to on the phone.

The other thing was, it was only once my bill for the month got to £100 they decided to tell me, not at 20, or 30, or 50 - high enough that they can lap up the money, but low enough to try and claim they're looking out for you as a customer - yeah, great, thanks.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Who is they? The phone company?

I take some responsibility, obviously at the end of it all I take the pain of having to pay the bill - it just all seems a bit underhand/lack of transparency. But then, should I expect anything else from a big corporation these days?

A shiny black one.
Yes, any company, charged at local rate and included as part of inclusive minutes, as an alternative to 0800 and 0844 numbers.

Astra VXR NBG ED
02 and Vodafone will share masts soon. Google project beacon. Won't matter in terms of signal who you are with