ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cam belt and major service

Mk4 .:R32
Rang up my local renault garage to find out about how much it'd be for a major service (known as a 'Gold' service).

That would be £280 quid, which includes the filters, oil, spark plugs, and all the checks.

I enquired about getting my cam belt done....

£860. LOL.

I hate renault, it would cost me 1140 quid for a f**king service.

It'd be cheaper to me to sell my car and buy a 182 with fewer miles on it

I love the moment of silence after they tell you something like that, you either laugh and say no thanks, or just hang up!

Mk4 .:R32
lol I just said ok mate, bye

and put the phone down. I'm sure the cam belt kit costs about £120. I can't see how theres 740 quid of labour and VAT tbh. I know it takes a while to do, but come one...lets be serious

Mk2 Ph2 Clio II 1.6 16v
The story repeats all over the world, here in Venezuela the major service (usually at 40k miles) costs so much that you see lots of Renaults with 30-35k miles with owners eager to sell them before the service.

The equivalent of US$2,200 for a cambelt, coolant pump, tensioners, oil and belts job is outrageous.

Mondeo TDCI 130
lol I just said ok mate, bye

and put the phone down. I'm sure the cam belt kit costs about £120. I can't see how theres 740 quid of labour and VAT tbh. I know it takes a while to do, but come one...lets be serious

Cambelt kit is nearly £140 from memory,
Aux belt kit if you have a ff is £107
PCam seals are about £15 for the 2!!

^ There all genuine bits, non genuine cambelt kits can be got for a little bit cheaper if requested.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=316749

Have a look in that thread matey, compares prices for ya a bit! ( I am one half of Birchdown )