ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CAM BELT/AUX BELT

CLIO SPORT 182
Just changed the cam belt on my 182. popped into my local garage while they were doing it and he showed me the water pump etc, will the AUX belt come with the kit? and should they know that the AUX belt needs to be replaced with the Cam belt? not technically minded! any replies greatly appreciated:)

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
They should know it needs changing, otherwise they shouldn't be doing the job.

Corsa Van. Meh.
Should definitely be replaced at the same time (unless it had been done recently for some other reason). Have you asked the garage why they haven't done an Aux change with the cambelt?

Where are you from?

CLIO SPORT 182
I have only jus been made aware of the AUX belt change,I thought it would have automatically been done with the cam belt. Il ask the garage tomoz. Sorry for the second thread, thought the previous one did not upload properly! Im from Wales Llanelli to be exact

cup 182 cup
I got mine in a kit. Cam belt in one box, Aux belt and tensioners in another and Water pump in another. Cost £125.00inc VAT from europarts in Stockton. That was by far the cheapest i found anywhere and in the same box as what Renault sold, so was genuine. I think the Aux belt is supposed to be changed at 36k miles and cam belt at near 50k. but easier to change at the same time. :)

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
I got mine in a kit. Cam belt in one box, Aux belt and tensioners in another and Water pump in another. Cost £125.00inc VAT from europarts in Stockton. That was by far the cheapest i found anywhere and in the same box as what Renault sold, so was genuine. I think the Aux belt is supposed to be changed at 36k miles and cam belt at near 50k. but easier to change at the same time. :)

Cant believe you got all that for £125 mate genuine parts :eek: if you did someone at europarts has had the sack !!! :D

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Just changed the cam belt on my 182. popped into my local garage while they were doing it and he showed me the water pump etc, will the AUX belt come with the kit? and should they know that the AUX belt needs to be replaced with the Cam belt? not technically minded! any replies greatly appreciated:)

Prepare yourself for a big bill at a later date mate dont sound promising to me !

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
£125 is way too cheap for a Timing belt kit and an Aux belt kit... I assume he means just the aux belt kit though as the genuine kit retails at around £118 + vat. If not, get me a contact name cos i'll be placing a bulk order with them!

Back on topic; To be fair, if you took the car just anywhere 'they' wouldn't automatically know to just change the aux belt run at the same time as the timing belt unless they are aware of the F4R service schedules (Which most "jack of all trades" garages won't). The Clio II 2.0 16v its on 12k/2yr service intervals so the aux belt is every 36k and the timing belt is 72k. Obviously there are timed intervals also to bare in mind but the aux belt is easiest done whilst carrying out the timing belt service so you might aswell for piece of mind. I did one yesterday with an aux belt that was running one rib off the pulleys and was cutting its way thru the timing belt plastic casing and attempting to have a go at the tensioner unit to. It was only a matter of time before it snapped and chances are it would have taken the timing belt with it so get it done!

clio 182
hello mate im from billingham do you have the part number from the aux belt kit and what did you get in it cheers

cup 182 cup
davo & mick: they actually supply the local renault garage and my dads friend whom works at that garage put us in touch with europarts. to be totally hounest im not sure if i got a bit of discount on it, but can get for around the same price again! ohh btw this change was carried out 3k miles ago and to be hounest i drive like a total idiot if u know what i mean, no problems so far. I need to start behaving like.

binksy: im currently offshhore, but wen im home (next week), i will price it up for you and get an order number for you to pay and collect.

fred: i have the locking tool as i was going to carry out the job myself, but ended up paying garage £250 for the labour as i was working offshore. still have the tool brand new boxed if anyone interested. wasn't cheap!

cup 182 cup
Engine_Camshaft_Sprocket_Locking_Device.jpg

like that. thought it was genuine, mite not be

cup 182 cup
ohh lol i was supposed to get that other bit in box but didnt come lol. i never took it out the box so didnt know there was the horse shoe bracket. if i have some time wen i get back home ill try nock one up in workshop and sell as a set.
cheers

matty

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
davo & mick: they actually supply the local renault garage and my dads friend whom works at that garage put us in touch with europarts. to be totally hounest im not sure if i got a bit of discount on it, but can get for around the same price again! ohh btw this change was carried out 3k miles ago and to be hounest i drive like a total idiot if u know what i mean, no problems so far. I need to start behaving like.

Yeah they must've given you a huge discount cos they are currently listing:

Timing belt kit > F4R > 'Gates' - £120.35 inc.vat
Timing belt kit > F4R - 'INA' - £106.49 inc.vat
Drive belt kit > F4R > 'Gates' - £183.42 inc.vat

The timing belt service kits are cheaper than Renault and both Fred and myself trust the Gates Powergrip sets but the drive belt kit can be had from Renault for less (I pay £95.04 myself but I do order a few of them at a time). Honestly, who's bobby did you suck to get both belt sets for £125 cos it might be cheaper for me to hire them a man-***** before placing a bulk order with them?

Mink

cup 182 cup
well im not going off the subject lol but if you want i will get me old fella to get back in touch. im still currently offshore but should be home at the weekend, (depending on weather). ill private message you letting you know price. obvioucely i imagine there should be further discount if you are bulk buying. like i say private message meif you are interested and i will let you know.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
My experience with INA tensioners is they break if you attempt to use the keyway on them... seriously cheap castings. Just spend an extra £25 and buy a genuine Renault service kit and there are no problems.

clio 182
I too would like to no who did you that discount. i work at eurocarparts and both of them kits cost more than what they wer supplied to you for. It sounds to me like the timing belt kit and just the drive belt wer supplied.
The current brands of kit eurocarparts supply for this car are skf which come with gates belts, and contitech.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Conti-tech belts are in orange and black boxes yes and use the OE bearings.

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
Yeah they must've given you a huge discount cos they are currently listing:

Timing belt kit > F4R > 'Gates' - £120.35 drive belt kit can be had from Renault for less

Mink

Got ny gates powergrip kit for £67 :rasp:

2004 182 clio sport

Hi am redcar myself and looking for someone local I can trust to do this job so any advice be great though that price you have thereseems to good to be true for both belts ,so far both belt kits on my ebay searches for none renault cheap versions are still in excess of £200 but do include pullys tensioners etc .... my main worry is finding someone local with the tools an more importantly knowledge to do the job am getting bit desperate but have seen quotes down south of £350 so suspect it can be done..