ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cam belt

172 (2001 build)
Hi guys, I just got a quote from a Renault garage for replacement of the cam belt. £677 :cry:

Now apparently the cam and auxilliary belt need replacing after 5 years or 72000 miles.
I'm only taking my car in for a 36000 service, but it is 5 and a half years old.
So do you reckon I should have those belts replaced now, or could I perhaps wait another year or so and get them done at 54000 miles?

Clio 172 Mk2
thats an absolutely ridiculous quote mate. Cambelt kit is only around 120 and aux belt is around a tenner so that means they're charging over 500 for labour. Its about 6 hours work i believe so i'd shop round for some quotes mate

RS Clio 200
rentech do it for about 420 i think.

and yes you should have them done... not worth risking. if the cam goes u could be looking at 1500 quid for repairs

Clio 172 ph1
i paid 600 for mine at reno more of a conveinience thing work location wise but i have a couple of mates that work at kwickfit and there pricing matrix quotes the job at just under 300 wish i had know before i id have had them do it

If you don't go to a Renault dealership make sure you go somewhere where they have the proper Renault tools enough engine have been rouinged by garages thinking they can do it.

The cambelt kits £130 and its 5.1 hours officially to do the job so any quote around £300 seems very cheap.