ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cam-Belt

RB 182 Gordini
Afternoon all,

I have reached the time to get my cam-belt changed. I have had one snap on me in the past years ago so want to make sure it doesn't happen on my Clio.

What sort of price should I be looking to pay as I have had a few quotes ranging in price

£850.00
£660.00
£531.00

Is this about right or can it be done cheaper? i know that its a hard job and does take a while to do but i didn't expect to pay that much before xmas.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Cheers

Gaz

Lionel Richie
are the prices just for the cambelt kit and aux belt kit to be fitted or are they including a service too?

RS Clio Trophy
i paid £600 for cambelt/aux belt, oil change and brake fluid change. got quoted £1100 from my nearest main dealer:eek:

RB 182 Gordini
Cheers for the replies.

The quotes are just for the belts changed. I was going to do a service myself but if I can get that done in with the price that would be great.

I feel like i'm paying over the odds for this as they are all saying what such a pain in the ass job it is, almost like they don't want the business!! I live down South but from Cheshire originally so have no probs coming to Birmingham to get sorted. I'll give you a buzz Fred if that ok tomorrow day and have a chat with you about it.

Cheers

Gaz

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Cheers for the replies.

The quotes are just for the belts changed. I was going to do a service myself but if I can get that done in with the price that would be great.

I feel like i'm paying over the odds for this as they are all saying what such a pain in the ass job it is, almost like they don't want the business!! I live down South but from Cheshire originally so have no probs coming to Birmingham to get sorted. I'll give you a buzz Fred if that ok tomorrow day and have a chat with you about it.

Cheers

Gaz

won't go wrong - and he's cheaper then the three quotes you listed above too!