ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cam Belt

Do anyone know what sort of price I would expect to pay to have a new cambelt and a steering rack boot done on my 16 valve please?

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

I paid £120 to have a new cambelt on my 1.4 from Lexs autocentres, dunno about the steering rack though. DO NOT leave the cambelt though, get it down way before recommended in the manual cos if it goes youve got an expensive repair job!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

The 16v engine is a mailto:b@start">b@start to work on compared to the 1.4. But I did get a quote for £120. Hill Power charges £200 i think for the 16v. This is for the cambelt BTW.

clio williams, Ph1 172

I got mine done for £130 parts and labour. Get it done mate. Dont put it off mate. If it snaps its rebuild time. U can vouch for that can;t u Craig ;). Still it gave u the oportunity to have some major tuning done.

Thanks all of you. i just got the belt done and boot and i paid £107inc vat. the bloke said it was a real swine to do as one of said!

Thanks

Mike