ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cam Followers

has any1 ever changed them, are they easy to do, im guessing your just remove the rockers and replace am i right or very wrong

the follows should ride the on top of the cam over the loabs i think. even if they dont and the cams have to come out thats not the hardest thing in the world u just lift them lol

That is a days work at least. I could take my engine out quicker than change followers. Not being funny, but if you are asking questions like that, you should really get some one who knows what they are doing. BB will sort you out. All sorts of Cambelt action involved etc etc.

Leave it well alone

On a 16V F7P engine there aint any rockers !!

To replace the cam followers, youre gonna have to remove the top valve/cam cover, distributor; timing belt covers and timing belt; remove cam bearing housings; lift out cams; remove/replace followers (easy using a magnet); refit cams; refit cam bearing housings; refit valve cover with NEW gaskets; refit and tension NEW timing belt; refit timing belt covers.

Whilst youre there, you might as well replace the cam oil seals which requires removing the sprockets off the cams.

You cannot mix up the cams as the exhaust cam has a slot for the dizzy.

The most important things are: 1. when refitting cam housings apply sealant to the surfaces; 2. ensure your timing is correct when refitting cams/timing belt etc.; 3. ensure timing belt tension is correct.

Have fun .....

ok forgive my lack of knowledge on these type of engine im uset to diesel engines and the occainsail petrol/gas.

my dads a mechanic by trade as am i (well kinda lol if u can call me that lol) so was just asking the question as i dont wanna give some F**ker 500quid for somthing i could do for a little man hours if u get my drift

Yer fair enough mate. I would do the same. Your Dad must be able to do it. But it will take ages. The Cam, belt itself means that half the engine is hanging out!

oh nice. lol he will b well happy then lol maybe if i jsut dont tell him whats invloed he will get half way thorught before he reslises lol

This is after a cam change, but i guess itll suffice.

Youll need to take the cam carriers off, but to do that you need to jack up the OS engie mount, take the mount carrier top bolt off as it covers the final cam carrier bolt. Take the belt off first though.

Under each cam lobe you can see the followers, and when you take the cams off, its them you are changing. Its easiest to get them out using a valve grinding stick with the suction cup on the end, rather than possibly damage stuff with pliers etc.

Prime them before installation.

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1080186701__P1010130.jpg

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

as ben says cambelt off and then unbolt the cam carriers so you can remove the cams.remember to reseal the cam carrier to the head when you refit it.lift out the hydraulic tappets with a magnet or sucker.