ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cam settings

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Yes, fit them and then get it on a dyno so the cams can be dialed in to suit your needs.

Golf GTD Mk7
^^ as above. Fit them with correct renault locking tools, and then have them mapped to get the best out of them. I think Piper run ok off standard management, so shouldn't be too expensive. The cost will be from removing/replacing cambelt kit and aux kit (which is a must really).

ITB'd MK1
guessign this is for the williams. Use the published figures for the cams on the piper website, many have tried with "special" timing and most have made the car crap

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
That's why you ideally need to have them setup on a Dyno rather than use numbers that someone else with a different engine build claims to be the best as they may not suit your needs or driving style. I'm not a tuner and I can't tell you how to dial them in for maximum chicken but I was always told to keep a close eye on the torque curve rather than peak power as this is a better indicator of how the engine has reacted to the adjustments though most engines tend to have one general sweet spot and any alterations outside of this just make everything crap.

ITB'd MK1
Aparently the OE piper figures are pretty naff though danny..

nah, I wouldn't go along with that at all. I'm guessing that little jem came from the same source as all the rest of the misinformation you've been told in the past. I think most of those "interesting" timing setups have been rectified now

Clio 172 (2)Clio 16v
A tuner near me said to me instead of puttin it on his dyno get true top dead centre and then dial the cams in with dial gauge and gave me the measurements to do it for them cams he said he does all them the same and they make good power!!what yes think??