ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cambelt about to snap?

clio
hi everyone i know there has been a lot of threads on this topic but i just want to know which ones the cambelt and which ones the auxiliary belt?

Just took a picture and it doesn't look to healthy :(

cambelt.jpg

cambelt1.jpg

E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf
Thats the aux belt defo needs changing asap cambelts are due every 5 years or 72k iirc?

clio
ah right so is the cambelt not in that picture atall?

yea im not sure when it was last done though, so think im gonna book it in soon and get both belts sorted.

yea 1.2 8 valve

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
thats the alternator belt behind the pas belt, cambelt is behind both them hidden away behind covers

E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf
If it snaps while driving it could also cause the cambelt to break which will result in a very big bill.

Lionel Richie
if those belts are in that state its fair to say they've been on there for A LONG time ie your cambelt hasn't been changed in A LONG time either!

VaVa
I'd change mine if I even had so much as the slightest inkling it might be on it's way out.... but seriously dude... How bad do your belts have to get?! lol!!

clio
lol i had never thought to look at them intill today, i knew the cambelt change was probably coming up but i didn't know they needed doing this bad.

Im taking it to a garage tomorrow afternoon, how much is the going rate for a cambelt and aux belt?