ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cambelt change

B

bigrich690

Has anyone on here changed there cambelt on there 172/182 before, mines due and i want to change it myself (with the help of my dad who's good at that s**t lol) but the space looks very tight, also what NEEDS to be changed, obviously the cambelt, but when i search for cambelt kits it always consits of more than just the cambelt, so what needs to be changed, is it the cambelt and pulley/pulleys (as i don't know how many there is to change if so?)

Help would be much appreciated thanks, Rich

B

bigrich690

i just need to know where to get the renault tools from but will have to do some ringing about tonight after work see what i can get

Clio 182
renault just rang me saying im due a service (oct 2004 182) - and said the cambelt change isn't due 'til 6 years WTF?!

Clio 182
aye i know. i tried explaining this to the mad woman on the phone but she was adament it's 6! needless to say i won't be going there

B

bigrich690

lol i know why'd you think i'm doing my own lol, looks like a hell of a job but no one can talk me out of it been reading up on it and other than it being a little tight spaced and taking everything off the car to get to it, then actually replacing the belt isn't too hard just got to make sure i get the aligning tool and fitted so the pulleys don't move :)

RB 200 Cup!
my friend is a renault technician and will do a camblet and aux belt change for 250 quid - if you change your mind ;)