ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cambelt, Dephaser, Aux, Power Steering Pump?

D

Dj Annihilation

Hi Everyone

I purchased a 182 around a month ago with a FSH. Recently needed a bit of work with a few things needing replacement and silly things going wrong.

The car had its Timing Belt, Accy Belt, Coolant change done at renault around 2/3 years ago when the car was on around 50k. The car is now on 80,100 and I want a little bit of advice....

I have a now and again squeal on full lock...renault said it was the aux belt...they inspected it and said its in good condition and i should change at reccomended interval they said 86kish....

I have also noticed the dephaser starting to make a noise now...i guess i could leave it but 2/3 years with that i am not sure i want to risk...so if i change the dephaser i guess the whole lot might as well be changed!

Another thing i notice which isnt causing a problem but makes a sort of whine is when i am stationary i turn the power steering and pull away i hear a slight whine in the engine may...its only when i turn and pull away though, straight line no problems, happens when i reverse too....could this be the power steering pump? or just the belt? If they whine do they need changing? I mean the steering is fine but if its going to fail it doesnt seem good to keep it like it....

Anyway...apart from advice I need some of this work done....i know there are a lot of reccomended people on here for these sorts of jobs but I am in the Bristol area, who would really be closest and ideal? I use the car for work so weekend would be ideal....

This to me sounds like it could be expensive so if you have any prices that would be great too!

Thanks

Louis

Lotus Elise
Its not uncommon for the Power steering pumps to go, tell tale signs are whines when rotating the steering wheel.

Its about 3 hours to change the pump and it is advised to change the belt too.

D

Dj Annihilation

I imagine the prices would be more expensive than travelling somewhere else? Last time I went to a main dealer I nearly cried lol

D

Dj Annihilation

How do you get the PAS cap off I tried turning it but its solid!?

D

Dj Annihilation

Lol it really is solid but il give it another go, cheers