ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cambelt Renewal

Car  Audi TT 3.2 V6
Going to phone a few garages tommorow about getting my cambelt replaced (car is around 5 yrs old now). What else should be replaced at the same time? alternator belt hasnt been done for at least 12months, do tensioners or anything need changing at the same time as the cambelt?

Would really appreciate it if someone more in the know than me would write me a big list to get changed.

ta, russ
 
get the water pump done as they do start to leak

cambelt and pulleys/tensioner have to be replaced

alt belt is easy and cheap
 
As Fred says change the water pump.

More then likely it wud have started to leak!
 
cheers for info, thats exactly what i wanted.

will get some prices later today and see how badly im gonna get ny pants pulled down lol
 
Yep, deffo get the water pump changed. Didn't know about it when I did the cambelt on my old 1.2 and only found out after that it was probably the pump leaking as to where my coolant kept going, wasn't loosing a massive amount but it was leaking. Got shot of it in the end before it got to be a problem but would have changed it if I had known.

Is it a problem on the 1.6 too ?, will be looking to do the cambelt on this one soon and want to know if I should do it as well?
 
I had mine done two weeks ago at 69K...£1,053 eek!!!

But I did have Mike do a load of other things while it was up on the ramps, new front dampers etc.
 
Mark your cambelt did well lasting that many miles, considering how many track days you've done.

I've got also got a few other things that need sorting out like broken washer pump and dodgy temp sensor. Back to Rentech for me soon i think.
 
what sorta price should i expect to pay for cambelt, water pump and pulleys/tensioners?
 
Yeah its the Same mate, water pump started leaking about 2 weeks ago aswell.

I'd always put a water pump on when the cambelts being done, hardly worth stripping it all out again a few weeks later if it starts getting noisey.

Doing it in a fortnight need to borrow the timing pins from work
 
Back
Top