ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cambelt replacement

A well built VW
Roughly how much for replacement on a 2002 dci 65 ? Is it advisable to get anything else done ie. water pump at the same time

Cheers

t3 corolla 116bhp
mine was done 2 yrs ago. gsf had genuine reno kit for around 55quid. labour was abut the same
done :)

A well built VW
cheers jonny did you get the water pump done or is it not necessary

£55 for labour fingers crossed i can get it for that price

t3 corolla 116bhp
cheers jonny did you get the water pump done or is it not necessary

£55 for labour fingers crossed i can get it for that price

didnt need to get the water pump done. not much extra to do tho if you want it done whilst the timing belt is off

LY 182
not done a dci in a clio,, but i've done belts on dci laguna 2's and megane 2's and they were both a doddle and not a long job.. so assuming you have the same sort of room in the clio i wouldn't be wanting to pay too much for a belt change on one

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
not done a dci in a clio,, but i've done belts on dci laguna 2's and megane 2's and they were both a doddle and not a long job.. so assuming you have the same sort of room in the clio i wouldn't be wanting to pay too much for a belt change on one

Laguna 2 1.9dci (f9q) is my favorite cambelt! so easy

A well built VW
Been quoted £230 or as recommended as the water pump is behind the timing belt £290

Someone else said not necessary to replace pump £230 or £280 if i want pump done

Anyone know the dreaded answer to the water pump question - is it behind the timing belt ? This seem a high price to others ? 3 hours work they are quoting

t3 corolla 116bhp
mate, take the stranraer ferry over to belfast, drive 15 miles to newtownards, theres a reno dealer there doin timing belt kit fitted parts and labour for 99 quid! i kid you not!

and yes, ancilary pump is on timing circuit :)

Megane dci 130
Been quoted £230 or as recommended as the water pump is behind the timing belt £290

Someone else said not necessary to replace pump £230 or £280 if i want pump done

Anyone know the dreaded answer to the water pump question - is it behind the timing belt ? This seem a high price to others ? 3 hours work they are quoting

Yes the water pump is behind the cambelt cover and the alternator also has to come off to change it. Make sure they have the correct tools to do the cambelt because it has a floating crank pulley.

Once its all apart, have a look at the water pump, if its all ok leave it.

A well built VW
Christ prices seem to just get made up - I have one quoting me £157 to supply and fit kit but £130 for a water pump lol

How easy to do it yourself ?