ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CAMBELT SNAPS

Massey6465 & saxo1.1

:sick: Not happy. Cambelt on my Williams snapped last night,whilst I was stopped waiting at a roundabout! It was within the limit that Renault reccomend for a change aswell. Wots the best and worst case scenarios,damage wise this will have caused? Dropping the car off at a garage this aft.............

Massey6465 & saxo1.1

Ill get them rite on to it today.Its annoying cuz I would have had it changed had I not been waiting for my new camshafts to arrive. sh*te Happens eh?!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Haaarsh mate!!

My mate had his cambelt go on his mr2 the other week when he was at a standstill. He turned it off straight away and didnt damage a thing!!! Lucky or what!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

happened to my valver, 16 bent valves, and i was virtually not moving when it went!

ideal opportunity for engine work tho! thats what stopped me feeling gutted about it!

always wide to change it every 30k to be on the safe side, and always within 5 years! :)

Massey6465 & saxo1.1

Il get them to get the head off asap then,was guna suggest to them to just put the belt back and try it......but id never be as lucky as Tom20vs m8!

Yeah it does sound expensive,16bent valves!:sick:

clio 182 black /gold

My neighbours vectra snapped about 300 miles over the due date it cost him £800 and he was going 70mph. My mates astra snapped on the motorway and cost about £500. I know of a guys corsas snapped at 50K and it got towed to vauxhall and it cost £1400.

Vee dub

Mines due quite soon, so Im going to get mine done early... hence the pm Clarkie ;)

Sorry to hear that Chris, Ill chat to you later on.

Tom

clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by TomS on 14 September 2005

Mines due quite soon, so Im going to get mine done early... hence the pm Clarkie ;)

Tom

booked in mate...

Vee dub

Quote: Originally posted by clarkiev6 on 14 September 2005

Quote: Originally posted by TomS on 14 September 2005

Tom

booked in mate...

:D Thanking you

Massey6465 & saxo1.1

Yeah hope so j3ned,the mechanic seemed quite positive and I went to school with him so he said hed keep the labour down,LoL

Caddy Maxi

yeah piece of piss to change valves you may as well so the stem seals whilst its in bits make sure you get new tensioners for the cambelt too, also id change the water pump whilst your there as they often pack up around cambelt time