ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cambelt tool/s

2004 clio 182 ff
Hi guys,
I've just recently purchased a clio 182 ff and i'm going to change the cambelt, dephaser, water pump and aux belt... got most of the parts now and i'm wanting to know what tool or tools, locking tool etc as i know its very important to use the correct tool Where can i purchase? Is there anyone on here with one i could borrow perhaps?

Thanks in advance.

renault clio 1.4 16v
Ive used the micro tech tools with no problems if you changing the dephaser as well then you need the pulley locking tool, horse shoe tool for the cam shafts and the crank pin, flywheel locking tool comes in handy as well unless you have a friend with a big screwdriver...

Megane r26
You'll need the pulley locking tool whether you change the dephaser or not if you want to follow the procedure correctly.

Here's mine

20120514_130611.jpg

Bought mine from a local dealer, without all 3 it's very unlikely the timing will be within spec.

These only have to be a nats c**k out and there down on power!

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
I wish I had the or a c spanner for the exhaust pulley.. Many of my failed attempts were down to the locking off the tools and moving the pulley before I'd even started to lock off the pulleys themselves. Doh

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Sell them on afterwards too, you'll recoup most of the money. That's what I did!

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
If hes only charging £180 to fit i'd rip his arm off.

I've done 4 or 5 now and never been quicker than 5 hours

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
makes sense, £130 then 6 hours of grief, even if you can sell the tools to get some cash back.
or £180 and forget about it and get a warranty.