ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cambelt

Clio Sport 172
How much should I be paying to have cambelt changed by non Reanult main dealer, its a 51 plate 172 with 48500 miles on it:dapprove:

Clio Sport 172
I had the car in Nottingham renault who replaced the Aux belt but did not mention the cambelt. Now just realised should have had that done at same time.

172 A Cupwork Orange™
may i say timebomb....

iv a 03 cup 33k and im getting mine done in the next couple of months no way would i leave it as long as that

price wise it can vary from £300-upwards if you just want aux belt and cam your looking at about what Gregg is paying £400 mark if you want a service also your talking a extra £150 ish but again depends where you take it etc and generaly find there is never a set price for cam belts as it certanly seems to vary.
hope this helps a little mate

Renault clio S 1.4
If it was me i would do it maself, its not a bad job. But if was goin to pay someone, well garages near me charge 200 quid, so aim for that

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
51 should have been don nearly 2 years ago, Mine was £440, new belt, aux and waterpump.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
my mate is doing my cambelt, aux belt, major service including coolant 4 £300

If it was me i would do it maself, its not a bad job. But if was goin to pay someone, well garages near me charge 200 quid, so aim for that

Not on a 172 it won't the kit alone for the proper tensioners aux belt etc is £160ish and its 5.1 hour labour,

Renault clio S 1.4
edde;3626478Not on a 172 it won't the kit alone for the proper tensioners aux belt etc is £160ish and its 5.1 hour labour said:
Its not that bad,dont b dramatic. And use non gen stuf,its gud as owt

edde;3626478Not on a 172 it won't the kit alone for the proper tensioners aux belt etc is £160ish and its 5.1 hour labour said:
Its not that bad,dont b dramatic. And use non gen stuf,its gud as owt

Thats the list book time though hence what most decnet places will use. It cna be done quicker but get a stuck bolt on one etc and you'll find out times adverage out about that.

Always use genune stuff though I've seen some right just/kits incomplete before now.

Renault clio S 1.4
been to factories were parts made, most the same with differnt label and box,.Non gen companies wouldnt be out there if they was crap.

RB + LY 182 FF
i have just had my aux belt changed ( full kit) local garage told me the kit alone was £107 inc VAT.
i was charged £200 in total so he didnt charge much labour !

Clio Sport 172
Had aux belt, timing belt and tensioners replaced last week on my 02 172 and it cost me £485 by Nationwide Autocentre....Had the car all day...

Mondeo TDCI 130
If you have done them before there not as bad as made out really, there more time consuming than hard! Just a bit fiddly! The Aux belt on a ff is a bit of a pain in the hoop!