ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cambelt

Renault clio 2005
It seems to me that garages Charge Far too much for this Job. It works out at a very high £90 per hour. For a Job that anyone with a decent toolkit some common sense and a online guide can do themselves. However piece of mind and not having to do the job are worth paying for. I would probably reccomend ktec they seem to have good reputation and have worked on some nice cars :)

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Mine snapped 6 months before the 5 year interval. Engine wrecked. Get it changed ASAP

Lionel Richie
300miles? That all? The record so far is a return trip from Germany! One crazy bloke from Scotland drives down to us for everything (6 hours each way!) about every 6months!

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
It seems to me that garages Charge Far too much for this Job. It works out at a very high £90 per hour. For a Job that anyone with a decent toolkit some common sense and a online guide can do themselves. However piece of mind and not having to do the job are worth paying for. I would probably reccomend ktec they seem to have good reputation and have worked on some nice cars :)

​LOL so give it ago...

FF Clio 182
What always worried me, on my 1.2 I had a receipt for a cambelt change and an MOT that only come to £150! I'm guessing that is kind of a low price?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
300miles? That all? The record so far is a return trip from Germany! One crazy bloke from Scotland drives down to us for everything (6 hours each way!) about every 6months!

I done 400+ mile round trip for a 30 minute conversation flol!

Which i still need to get booked in for ;)

iLikeDuplo

ClioSport Club Member
  Willi/182Cup/265Cup

I am planning to come and see you for a yozza and may have to re-evaluate where I go in future...

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Looks like it will have to be Ren-Tec in Portsmouth then .

I have been quoted £ 650 for all of the belts and the dephaser pulley .

Dephaser does not sound bad and the car has had oil changes every 5000 miles after looking at the paper work .

Might just look at the belts at this stage .

Alan