ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Camber bolts and Alternatives

the size difference is the whole point of why you get more camber, the strut hole rests on the bolt as you adjust it (unless you're setting the camber with the wheels in the air?) as you rotate it with the wheels on the ground the cam lobe pushes on the hub forcing it outward to give less negative camber

no need to insult me fella, its just the internet! We've setup race winning cars WITHOUT the washers, if you read the box they come in it states "Volvo/Subaru" they might be required on them, but IN MY OPINION you can bin them when used on clio's, also WIHTOUT the washers i believe you get more camber from my experience

no ill offense to you in anyway shape or form, i'm just sharing my experience with everyone else, if you don't like my opinion fair enough

your opinion is quite strong in this thread to bin the washers and this is wrong and bad advice. no one should listen to that and i feel strong about that but im not out to insult you so sorry for that. its impossible to get more camber without the washer if your setting them correct. you must be putting the inner tab in the wrong place. like i said it has to be opposite the cam lobe and no where else. no offence intended but please look at how they work again and see what you think. we can all learn something new and im sure you could teach me far more than i could you but at least be willing to give it a try.

Not if adjusted correctly, they are just meant to take up the slack between the slimmer section of the bolt and the shock.

Nail on the head.

172 Cup (Track)
Just read through this thread as im currently messing with camber on my Clio, in absolute shock as to the advise given by Fred@BTM considering you claim to set-up race cars yet dont understand the basic way a camber bolt works.

Im glad underdog has already corrected you and hopefully stopped people binning a critical part of the camber bolts. Without these washers they are near on useless.

Unbelievable how confidently clueless that advise was. :nono: