ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Camber bolts?

I have just disconnected the struts on my car as part of a clutch change and I have noticed that it is fitted with camber bolts on the top bolt at the lower end of the strut.

Are these standard to the 172 cup or have they been fitted afterwards?

As far as I know the suspension is otherwise standard.

Much thanks. :smile:

mad in general

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 phase 2
Definitely not standard fitment. If you must loosen them you would be best to mark a line across them onto the strut to help positioning on the rebuild.

Thanks for that.

That's the thing, I have undone one side already. I didn't realise they were fitted until I had taken the first one out.

I will have to try and find a measurement on the driver side and set the passengers side the same when it goes back together.

if not how hard is a set of standard bolts to get hold of?

mad in general

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 phase 2
If you are not too fussy then I would just eyeball the hole and line it up. That should give you the standard settings back. Next time you go for an alignment you can get it all done properly. Or you could have a look online, there are wonderful guides on setting up your own camber DIY. It is quite simple actually.
Sourcing standard bolts should be dead simple, post up in the wanted section and someone will send you some for a fair price.