ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Camera Insurance

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I just took out insurance for my camera and stuff up to £1000. Cost of £32 for the year inc loss,theft. My travel insurance only goes up to £500 on cameras and my house insurance doesnt cover me abroad.
Thought i would let you guys know. I think its alot more expensive if you make a living from photography. Seems reasonable to me.

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
If you work as a photographer there is public liability and all other manners of 'extras' to add to a policy which bumps up the price. I am currently with aaduki but will be changing to glover & howe as they do virtually the same as mine but about £100 cheaper.

172 and vw passat
Iv been looking into camera insurance but have a question, (may be a dumb one)

I believe its a good idea if it get stolen ect but don't understand the accidental damage? say i never had insurance but i smashed my £400 lens could i not just sign up to insurance then claim within a week or so?

I used to do it separately but now just do it through my house insurance, £2.5k worth of photography equipment cover (I change my kit a lot but it rarely strays over £2.5k any more) which sorts me out home or abroad, I think it cost somewhere in the region of £12 for a year on top of our usual policy...couldn't argue with that.

172 and vw passat
Thats what i hate about insurance they should have a feedback page for people that have claimed to write how good they are instead of paying lots of money and them being crap.

Oil Burner
You can find lots of people that dislike most companies if you have a search about. Much as you can all car manufactures for example.

Those that are upset complain the loudest. I know lots of people don't recommend photo guard - but I've never had an issue with their service - maybe that will change if i need to make a claim. But i can't fault them up to this point.