ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Camera virgin

PH2 Flamer
Well not quite, I've had the normal digital camera you can pick up for £70.

But I fancy a proper camera. Me and the mrs are off too turkey in June for two weeks, so I'd like one, and be familiar with using it by then.

So, first time buyer, what do I need to look at? Which camera is going to be most suited to me?

I don't have an idea of budget yet. Probably go second hand, or new of its a good deal.

( Your Probably sick of seeing these questions, sorry)

PH2 Flamer
Ah, thought I did post in photography lol.

Hopefully a mod will move it for me.

Yeah I think it's going to be about £400. My overtime this month is for it, should be around that amount.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I will be putting my Nikon D40X with Kit lens in the for sale section sometime this week. It will probably be around £150. PM me if your interested and I will link you to the thread when its up.

G51 BEN
Nikon D5100 all the way. Go on www.snapsort.com and compare a few. Within that price range you're looking at second hand Nikon D5100 or Canon 600D. Both have good lenses available. I got a D5100 with an improved kit lens (18-70 instead of 18-55) and a 50mm 1.8 which is by far my favourite for £420. Used but in immaculate condition. NEVER looked back. My dad has the Canon 600D which is the competitor to the D5100 and I do love his but it's all to do with personal preference.

Go to Currys or Jessops and hold them. Get a feel as to what you like the feel of and then look out for some good internet deals.

G51 BEN
You will find that you will either be a Canon or Nikon lover. I fully expected to be a Canon fanboy but after playing with them I went for Nikon. I think for the price range you are looking at Nikon have the slight edge over Canon for image quality but the lenses are a bit more expensive because you will need a lens with a focus motor built in (AF-S).

Let us know how you get on

PH2 Flamer
Popping into my local currys/pc world Saturday.

What's that lense all about? To helpe
Get a more focused picture?