ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cameramen run for cover as drift car crashes - Japfest

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
lol i have seen closer at drift events lol, there was a photographer in america who got hit by a car at a d1 event lol, he was ok but still stupidly close to being really fucked up!

he would of been ok if he stayed there but instinct is to run i guess lol

Never above 25mpg
Drifting makes me LOL... unless it's those Jap blokes from Top Secret!

Ones they had at Performance Action Day were pretty sheeeit

I'm pretty sure Combe (and most circuits) don't allow photographers in front of catch fencing, will be interesting to see what happens with this as there is clearly a media access hole in the fence right behind them.

Oil Burner
most media guys with any common sense dont position themselves in places where there is a good chance they might get hit. Obviously cars can go off anywhere so its not 100% but i think the guy shooting through the catch fencing has the right idea. Not to mention that drift cars tend to spray you with gravel if they run wide (thats not much fun either)

Had to run from accidents 3x in the last year, im very paranoid now, flinch at the slightest squeal.

I do like the guy who says "what a parrot" lol

172, Tiguan
My friend Al in the passenger seat! :S

The photographer had a lucky escape with just a bruised leg I hear.

clio 200 F4Rt
was the photographer not behind an armco, with a tyre wall in front of it?

Combe didnt have the catch fences till recently.... god knows how previous photographers survived.... or something sarcastic like that!

Poofs! I saw one where a car came crashing towards the photographer, he jumped out of the way and then took a pic haha.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Well that was really nice of him to stop and make sure everyone was ok!

c**t.

was the photographer not behind an armco, with a tyre wall in front of it?

Combe didnt have the catch fences till recently.... god knows how previous photographers survived.... or something sarcastic like that!

Yes he was, but obviously with any impact it's going to flex a bit (to absorb the energy) which is what I imagine caught him, as you can see the armco pretty much returns to normal straight after the impact. You have to be mighty stupid to stand on the exit of a known-dangerous corner in a 4ft wide gap between armco and a fence, literally nowhere to go if a car vaulted the tyres. Doubly stupid considering there are two perfectly good media access holes right behind them.

Combe has had catch fencing as long as any other circuit of that standard has had to, iirc. They've improved things over the years, but the most important fences on the corners (such as that one) have been there for years. Maybe you're thinking of the extension to the pitwall fence, which fortunately was built just before Simon Norris tested it to the maximum.

Last edited:

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
that was a passenger ride also, the passenger either won the ride or purchased it...

to say he was a bit shaken up on removing himself and his pants from the vehicle would be correct...

the snapper got hit as far as i know by some piece of wood, he was ok, but marked his jeans

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
jon also known as special k?

its a shame dan did that to his car at just a shitty demo, pretty much shagged his change of driving it again in bdc etc i would of thought?

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
that was a passenger ride also, the passenger either won the ride or purchased it...

to say he was a bit shaken up on removing himself and his pants from the vehicle would be correct...

the snapper got hit as far as i know by some piece of wood, he was ok, but marked his jeans

i stand corrected, it was the drivers friend