ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Campus, no rear speaker wire?

I'm helping a mate try to get rear speakers wired up in his campus.

Ive looked at the back of the head unit connectors and there looks like there is all 4 speaker wires leading to wherever.

The fronts are connected up, but the rears came with no speakers... but I've had the plastic panels off and I cant see any speaker plugs.

Should the wires lead to the back but not be connected at the moment or something?

Thanks.

I've looked into it slightly, I can see on the back of the connector block the wires are attached so im hoping they run either past or up to the rear speakers?

And I've read sometimes they are just tucked into the tape on the wiring loom with no plug on obviously? that would be good because I can Just connect the speakers to that with solder, It looks like there are the right coloured wires on the loom I was looking at.

Either that or I will have to splice at the block end and run cables either side of the car, But seeing as they're attached to the block they must end somewhere??

1.2 16v clio
best thing to do mate is try and follow the wires down as what you said might be right i doubt renault would have spent more money making 2 looms just for 1 model

if you cant find them then just do what you have already said

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Not being funny, but speakers behind you is for the front room only IMO.

Sub is the only thing you need behind you in a car, especially one as small as a Clio ;)

Cheers MT Audio, bit of luck asking the question and a guide being made nearly at the same time!

Thats one option, But surely the wires go past the rear speakers? Ill have to trace them myself I suppose, I want to just solder onto the original wires without cutting the block up If possible, how lazy of Renault just not to leave the wires with plugs unused behind.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
The wires to what ? A Sub ?!

Run a phono from the HU* output to the sub. Don't need to go near the OEM loom.

This assume's there's an aftermarket HU of course :eek:

Ok sorry ill PM a mod.

I think the wires might end at the block in the picture and have no wire to the rear, or just the wires run past the speakers doing nothing, either way I wont know till I have a look myself.

Thanks for the replies.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
There's almost no point putting tiny rear speakers in the back.

:S

Pop over to mine .. Component fronts and sub FTW. Rears really are pointless.

Its better than nothing though for the moment, he might add a sub at a later point. (this is a mates car not mine)

I think the loom at the front end has the speaker wires but after the plug near the bonnet release lever is, towards the back the speaker wiring doesn't exist... or maybe it does :S

I'll have to have a look otherwise im just guessing like now.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
But it's not though. You want treble coming from the front at ear level, hence the tweeters in the dash.

Speakers low down in the rear doors / under the window if it's a 3dr will do nothing to help sound staging.

But it's not though. You want treble coming from the front at ear level, hence the tweeters in the dash.

Speakers low down in the rear doors / under the window if it's a 3dr will do nothing to help sound staging.

He was given a set of comps so hes uprated the tweeters so far, but the speaker size he was given was too large so he will get a smaller comp speaker in the front and a cheap set in the back.

I agree its not going to be the best audio set up but it will do for now :)

Guide - http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?643961-Adding-rear-speakers-to-a-pov-spec-Clio

No wires are there for your rear speakers, this is due to the model of clio you bought.

Cheers mate, good guide will use it soon.

Mr Giraffe, you've made me want to upgrade my tweeters, are tweeter mount usually 2x screws and normally the same screw spacing or are they retro fitted on the clio's?

Is there a set you would recommend under £30?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
No freakin' idea. I'm an engineer, I don't sell speakers lol !

What HU you running...? There's nothing wrong with the standard Clio speakers once the bass is cut and sent to the boot...

lol ok

Its a Pioneer DEH-4200SD... And i have a set of hertz comps front and back, but without upgrading the tweeters because they didnt come with any.

If i get a set of tweeters to replace the OEM's do i need to use crossovers? both sets didnt come with any either.

I think my main problem is the settings on the head unit, it may be my set up but it sounds too trebble'y, hearts the middle of my ears up loud.

Also have a vibe amp and a vibe sub but its a small 8" one, thats on the correct settings I think the HU settings are the ones to solve.

100hz, 315khz, 125khz, 3.15khz and 8khz << Not sure what to set those too ? there all on 0 at the moment.

lol ok

Its a Pioneer DEH-4200SD... And i have a set of hertz comps front and back, but without upgrading the tweeters because they didnt come with any.

If i get a set of tweeters to replace the OEM's do i need to use crossovers? both sets didnt come with any either.

I think my main problem is the settings on the head unit, it may be my set up but it sounds too trebble'y, hearts the middle of my ears up loud.

Also have a vibe amp and a vibe sub but its a small 8" one, thats on the correct settings I think the HU settings are the ones to solve.

100hz, 315khz, 125khz, 3.15khz and 8khz << Not sure what to set those too ? there all on 0 at the moment.

Then you dont have comps if you havent replaced the tweeters because "they didnt come with any", you'll have co-ax which will sound crap mixed with the OEM tweeters hence your problem

I forgot to say both sets of speakers are comps, but the tweeters wernt included, the speakers where new but the tweeters had been taken out and used for other cars so I got them cheap off ebay, there not co-ax.

If i buy a decent set of tweeters and mount them up front do i need to get crossovers?

it will depend on the brand, but as I said before each set of tweeters are designed to work with their respective woofer, if you get another brand you would need to make sure it has the same frequency response etc as the hertz ones. But a) not many companies sell tweeters seperate no more and b) they are expensive

Ok thanks mate, I think ill get a new matching component set in the future and wire it in.

Any idea on the frequency settings? most cars its just bass / trebble adjust so its simple, do you know which ones correspond to what or is it all done by ear and how the owner wants it to sound?

Its all personal preference and the setup you have will also define it. You need to have a play really. Download some test tones and get trialing

Ok I've had a fiddle with the frequency settings and managed to reduce the treble sound which was annoying me.

Ive just found a matching hertz tweeter set and crossover boxes to match my front speakers.

Do the crossover boxes NEED to be used? as id have to mount the crossover boxes inside the door card and then feed the dedicated tweeter wiring to the tweeters which would be a pain.

Im not too sure, on the box the main wiring goes in and out comes wires for the speaker and wires for the tweeter. does that sound like a crossover, would the filter just be for the tweeter?

The way i think i'd have to do it is, main speaker wire in to the box, secure the box into the door, then run wire through the door and up to the tweeter housing?

If so thats more work that i'd like to do really. Any in line filters i can buy?

You cant just buy any filter, its tailor mad to suit the product, if you say what you have bought then will be able to help

Ok, I've taken a pic, I'f you can tell me what I've got that would help me, I do want to upgrade the tweeters but if it's a massive amount of wiring I'll have to hold back till I've got some time to sort it all.

Thanks for your help.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339503420.182667.jpg

Ok cheers will look into wiring them up propperly at some point.

No sorry i got confused i did have hertz comps at one point, wish i hadnt sold them.