ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cams work

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

i need new performance cam work. im based in surrey. if anybody is intrested in the work get in contact with me. ASAP.

euge

Lionel Richie

we do schrick cams

GDI did do Piper, but they tick like a b*****d at idle

AWT has his own made to any spec

how about a 182 engine ?? with box less than 8.5 k would drop straight in. email me at mailto:phatnova24@hotmail.com">phatnova24@hotmail.com. its cheap too

Lionel Richie

exhaust ports are better on the mk1 172 engine, plus the box is much better too

although, cost wise would be similar

bondy, ill have a word with Yoz, he might be interested if its cheap

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

actually benr somebody told me to go to you!! is it you who does "angle works" anyway. not too much but a decent amount. what can you do 4 me?

Mazda MX5 1.8

lol

fred does angle works though (he works wonders with arches with only the biggest hammer he can find and a angle grinder) or so ive heard

angelworks is a different story - i think you can guess from BenRs avatar

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by clio__chris on 10 August 2005
lol fred does angle works though (he works wonders with arches with only the biggest hammer he can find and a angle grinder) or so ive heardangelworks is a different story - i think you can guess from BenRs avatar

Ben borrows my grinder to "machine" his cams

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

well fred or bed do you wanna do my cams or not? lol need doin. fred if cams have gone what type of power loss am i looking at in terms of bhp?

Lionel Richie

cams wont of gone, unless youve done 80000miles with no oil

piper regrind is the cheapest option, but remember its the labour thats the killer (around 10 hours)

plus to get the full potential from cams you really need a remap/piggy back ECU so add £300 to £500

best to ring one of the comapnys for advice/quote

AngelWorks - 07816518198

GDI - 07010716440

Yozzasport (we dont deal with regrinds, only blank machined, so not cheap)

I dont deal with regrinds either, not worth the time and it kills the valve train aseembly.

The cams dont wear, they run on roller radius followers so there are no shear forces against the cam surface.

My cams have the largest BCD on the market and allows the more gentle valve train acctuation for reduction in 5th order harmonics and reduce valve spring frequencies, thus valve bounce limit is drastically reduced.

Quote: Originally posted by eugegall on 10 August 2005

well fred or bed do you wanna do my cams or not? lol need doin. fred if cams have gone what type of power loss am i looking at in terms of bhp?
tough call!

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 10 August 2005

Quote: Originally posted by eugegall on 10 August 2005

tough call!
lol ben. thats what i meant

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

well i need something done. iv got a bew ecu from bb anyway. and other stuff. can i get performance from regrounded cams?

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

yea im surrey too. maybe a group thing. im in guildford but dont mind traveling. i have done 74.000 nearly.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Archived Post from old forum

well if anybody wants the job call me

Last edited by a moderator:

regrinds tap to buggery as they remove material from the BCD, which isnt a great idea.......but its cheap.

If you want more information just drop me a PM