ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cams

nimbus r27
hi ive bought a new clio and after going through its old reciepts and speaking to the ex owner ive found out its cammed but its never been maped!?
i thought u had to get it mapped to get the full benefit from the cams?
also where is best to get it mapped im in peterborough?
many thanks ;)

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
To get the best out of cams it really should be live mapped.

Best place to get it mapped is RStuning in leeds imo, no sure if theres anywhere decent around your area.

What cams has it got ?

nimbus r27
he said ktech cams the reciept ses cat cam billet cam shafts 2428
dont suppose you have got the number for them?
is it expensive?

172 cup
yeh there cat cams 428s mate good cam them go to somehwere like k tec or rstuning have it mapped and will be alot better and not as heavey on idle to

nimbus r27
cool just rang ktech £250 + vat!
does that sound about right?
at the min it feels the same as my 172 cup i take it once the map is done it will be a lot quicker?
its a 182 by the way lol

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
To see the most benefit you really want a live map, i think Ktec do live mapping but may be worth checking.

It wont be stupidly quick but it will be quicker. depending on the rollers id think youd see something around 190 bhp (182s dont make 182bhp)
You will see a torque increase though.

nimbus r27
cool thanks mate!
are prima racing anygood?
just tried rstuning and there closed till the 8th

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Not got a clue, sure someone will have been to prima racing and may be able to help you.

nimbus r27
think i might wait for rstuning they sound good on there website looks like its from £295

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
RStuning are great, Paul is a top Lad, usually he will do a power run before to get a idea of what its running. Do a couple of runs whilst he maps it, and does his magic. Then a power run with a final result.

Make sure u get it mapped on 98/99RON :D

Hes done our track car twice now and will be doing it again some time soon.

b/g 182, meg tourer
hi beij, good to meet you last night.
thats lucky about the cams! yeah, get paul at RStuning to live map it. he should be able to make the most of the cams from what i have heard of him. very good reputation.

Tay

Titanium Clio 182
If Leeds is a bit of a treck for you, it might be worth giving Jamsport a call in Northampton see what they can do for you ?

Or drop a pm to this guy broster@JAM-Sport

Ph1
Really suprised you needed the owner to tell you it had cams.

Im running 428's fitted a few weeks ago, cars similer to yours as in its not mapped to these cams but is mapped to the previous set of cams and the car is slower than a standard one! its completly gutless. I'd lay money on a 1.2 Corsa being quicker to 100 its so slooooooowwww just now. Not that iv been ragging it, just the feel

nimbus r27
it feels alright not slow but not quick a bit smoky if u do put your foot down cos its running rich app?!

gonna email jam sport now and see what they say!

andyman! whats yours idle like?
where u gonna get your mapped?

Ph1
Its booked in mid October. Idle was really good till the HT's knackerd up after 30 miles. I replaced them with some 2nd hand ones and its not as smooth now but ok. Think there could be a prob with these leads too tho so im not really a good example to compare against lol

Renaultsport Clio 172
Consider RSTuner, can make a map to suit your cams, it will be alike live map though at a distance. And a lot cheaper. (www.fastchip.nl)

And considering what you get out from mapping Clio's, it won't make real difference on the road which either you pick to be honest.

Regards