ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Camshafts-opinion

CLIO RS 182
I have a R clio 182 Cup and i need more power:)

Here at Greece(were i am) that car is not very famous(from engineers) and some Rs was broken after the camshafts.

The mechanical tuning i have do is ecu remap,air filter,catalytic converter and exhust system.All that parts i have bought it from K-tec racing.
Did you have any ideas for camshafts ?
I'm thinking the schrick camshafts....

Did you have or tested something else ? ? ?

Get your intake rewrorked before cams etc.

Angelworks or GDi or Yozzasport will be able to supply exchange oens I belive.

Each supplier sells his or her own preferences ie Yozzasport prefers Shrink I belive so personaly ask about.

Lionel Richie
yep we only use schirck, i mean when a company produce most of the parts for the buggati veyron engine and also they do camshafts for the F1 boys, you know you're buying the best

yep we only use schirck, i mean when a company produce most of the parts for the buggati veyron engine and also they do camshafts for the F1 boys, you know you're buying the best

Spax did the dampers for the record breaking car.

I though BenR said someone else did the camshaft for F1?

Not that I'm arguing there any good though.

Its spelt schrick isn't it?

Lionel Richie
just an interesting website thats all!! i was surprised about the amount of parts they make for the veyron!

Lionel Richie
Are F1 cars valves not operated pneumatically????

only to close them (instead of a valve spring)

valvesystem1.jpg

LY 182
the lift on f1 cams is incredible! considering the things spin at 10k RPM
you couldn't have hydraulicly opened valves in an engine like that for the same kind of reason they do away with hydraulic lifters in high performance engines!

the lift on f1 cams is incredible! considering the things spin at 10k RPM
you couldn't have hydraulicly opened valves in an engine like that for the same kind of reason they do away with hydraulic lifters in high performance engines!

18 or 20k I think.

Bike engine run over 10k

Lionel Richie
crank speed is limited to 19K rpm

cams rotate at half the speed of the crank remember edde, so the cams rotate at 9.5K rpm

CLIO RS 182
Thanks a lot guys :D

FredYozza,the schrick cams need and another ecu remap ? ? ?
Any complet system ? (cam + ecu ).It doesn't mater if i don't get the best power of that.I only want more power from 3000rpm.I always drive that car at mountain road.That moment my engine ends to 7700rpm.

Lionel Richie
yes ideally you need the ecu to be reprogrammed to suit the camshafts

the schricks start to give the power (very noticably) from 3000/3500rpm upwards

CLIO RS 182
yes ideally you need the ecu to be reprogrammed to suit the camshafts

the schricks start to give the power (very noticably) from 3000/3500rpm upwards

Ο.Κ.Thank's!

I think that the schricks are the best for me;) ,but the ecu reprogramme ? ? Here at Greece can't be reprogrammed ecu.I've must send the ecu at U.K !

Any ideas ? ? ?

Lionel Richie
i'll have a word with paul at RS tuning for you, i need to get a map done for a customer we have in Japan who is running Schricks

Lionel Richie
we currently sell them for £750inc vat, or the complete drive in, drive out package with remap, new cambelt etc for just under £2K

Thats not very good or fair, you cant go saying 'i wont compare dyno figures or even take notice of them' then stick up two cam data sheets which are completely different.

The schricks are obviously giving absolute figures whilst cat are giving figures at 0.1mm minimum, so that will exclude the degrees used during the ramp are which is a good few degrees.

Whomever is reading the cam data will have to do wisely. The schrick look 'wilder' on the pure duration front, yet they have less lift @ tdc which indicates a slow ramp and flank rate or level of valve acceleration. The LCA on the schricks is milder, but they have a teeny bit more peak lift. Also BCD is not advertised and i know the cats are 1mm larger than the schricks.

Overall, the average person cant accurately judge without seeing a lift/duration curve of both cams to see which has the most area beneath it.

so after all that which is better? if there's little to no difference what's the price justification to anyone looking to buy? ie, why pay more, what benefit is there?

williams and trophy

and in that frame of thinking....world land speed record car had a mini subframe.......

off to fit 1974 mini 1000 subframe to the williams and then doing a 0-350 mph run ;)

I cant say exactly which one is 'better', i do not have the lift/duration data off the schricks as i've never measured one completely, i've only had the chance to do some very basic measurements on them.

But if fred wants then i can doctor up a schrick and overlay the graphs so people can see the 'visable' difference between where each cam places the valve through its cycles.

yea sure, i'll just put work on hold.

Dont think my customers will mind waiting for me to do some internet community activities.

so the next question I suppose would be which two cams do you compare? if the Cat have one profile and set of figures and Schrick use another way of measuring or give different sets of data how do you know which too are the similar ones to compare?

I'm guessing that the ones Fred sells (£750) are comparable to Cat ones that retail around £400ish as iirc the wilder ones need solid lifters. Still, thats almost twice as much, personally I'd expect (well, want...) twice the performance for twice the price... though in reality obviously it doesn't work like that. Personally I think I'll stick to Cat purely on the basis they are almost half the price, don't care how good Schrick are at those prices lol.

then months become moooooooooooooooooooooooooonths.

The stock ECU will only run/idle ona fairly mild cam as its sensitive to manifold pressure fluctuations. So basically, as wild as you can run on the stock ecu without any stalling issues.

Schrick do 1 profile that idles on it, cat do a few..........but each only have 1 profile to run on a stock ECU at its limits for example.