ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Camskill- no Toyo's ????

PB Clio 172
went on the website yesterday and they have no Toyo's of any kind in my size. Its a shame as prox 4's have been a great tyre.

does anyone know why they are not selling them anymore? Have I missed something??

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Various reasons why we no longer list them our website anymore, we have plenty of other alternatives though.

If you pm me what size you need we may still have a few left in stock.

PB Clio 172
ideal thanks for that don't need them quite yet but will PM you when comes the time
whats the various reasons if you don't mind me asking? I know there is better tyres there but I like them

172 cup
I liked my prox 4 and T1Rs. If you looking for and alternative stay clear of rainsports, IMO they are crap!

Edit: have you tried ears.co.uk as they sell toyo

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Various reasons why we no longer list them our website anymore, we have plenty of other alternatives though.

If you pm me what size you need we may still have a few left in stock.

Is the main reason because they are s**t? Lol

172 Cup
I'm having the same problem finding some AD08s and the only place I can find them is DT with 8 days lead!
Plus they're £113 each :dead:
Normal price for AD08s?

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I was chatting to a manager of a Tyre fitters and he told me toyo had come close to going under

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
I could be wrong, but from a conversation in the past with a friends company that used to supply 888's, Toyo as a company can be a pain to deal with, a few years back they altered the amount of stockists they were happy to have within the UK, almost cutting them to about a 5th of who they used to use.
its possible they have done it again.

Clio 172
I could be wrong, but from a conversation in the past with a friends company that used to supply 888's, Toyo as a company can be a pain to deal with, a few years back they altered the amount of stockists they were happy to have within the UK, almost cutting them to about a 5th of who they used to use.
its possible they have done it again.

Probably so they can control the market and prices for their products.

PB Clio 172
This could be true but is a shame my next tyre was going to be the proxes 4. Guess that's just the way it is but the T1R's is very common tyre and a good price

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Isn't it something to do with the supplier in Japan being caught up in that earthquake a few years ago?

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
I recently found that tyre traders stocked toyo, I needed a new t1r and they were the vest priced.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Tbf T1R isn't actually a good tyre. It looks pretty and the Toyo name works but it's not a good tyre.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
My point is people think they're cool and good. How many young guys go out and buy them, cheap and look like they'll be great.

I've driven cars with Barum or Cooper tyres, both cheaper and better. Barum are made by continental!

The Toyos became a fashionable tyre like it or not. They aren't bought solely on their performance.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I never had problems with Toyos until I started noticing my sidewalls were going balder than the tread.

172 Cup
I've always found T1-Rs to be rather good, if fast wearing.
Scuse me if I'm being daft but how do sidewalls go bald?

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
My point is people think they're cool and good. How many young guys go out and buy them, cheap and look like they'll be great.

I've driven cars with Barum or Cooper tyres, both cheaper and better. Barum are made by continental!

The Toyos became a fashionable tyre like it or not. They aren't bought solely on their performance.

yep.

they are so so poor in the wet, soft and wear fast.

Ph2 172
T1-Rs are OK in the dry but awful in the wet and terrible at the limit of grip (no progression to losing grip the car just 'snaps' away). Also on my old Impreza the fronts were finished in less than 2k miles (sidewalls made of cheese). I've also used kuhmos and now learnt my lesson, spend a little more on proper premium tyres like contisport 3s or Goodyear f1a2s. 10 - 20% more for far superior tyres that work in all conditions and last longer than budget tyres!

PB Clio 172
T1-Rs are OK in the dry but awful in the wet and terrible at the limit of grip (no progression to losing grip the car just 'snaps' away). Also on my old Impreza the fronts were finished in less than 2k miles (sidewalls made of cheese). I've also used kuhmos and now learnt my lesson, spend a little more on proper premium tyres like contisport 3s or Goodyear f1a2s. 10 - 20% more for far superior tyres that work in all conditions and last longer than budget tyres!

budget tyres last long as its a harder compound, just less grip

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I find T1-R's are fine for lower powered cars, I ran them on my DCI clios and they were fine, just run a bit of a higher pressure than you normally would on your tyres and the soft sidewalls aren't so much of a problem.

they are priced as a budget tyre but are night and day better than most cheap budget tyres, so for that reason I like them. People buying them as a performance tyre are of course going to be disappointed but then they are £35 a corner in 15" what would you expect!!

my DCI100 was going through fronts in 5k miles though!