ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can’t engage 2nd or 3rd sometimes.

Clio Williams2

Please teel me this probably isnt a knacked gear box. After thinking I had a problem with engine mounts turned out to be bottom ball joint which was replaced and car alot smoother now :) apparently the gear box stabaliser bar is exesively worn so booked in to change this next week.

Im having problems engaging 3rd and 2nd sometimes, I get a spongy feel and have to depress the clutch a few times untill it will go in. Could this be a result of worn stabaliser (please) or some other cheaper thing than replacing or reconditioning gearbox. cars done around 80k miles.

This is just to put my mind at rest untill renault can look next week.

Clio Williams2

hopefully! just remembered, a few weeks ago i overtook a few cars then slowed down and noticed ma speedo dropped to 0 for half a sec then worked again, thinking back i thought i must have glanced at ma rev counter. Was driving today and when i floor it the speedo drops to 0 around 50 mph, as i ease off it works again. To me it seems as if the gear box is moving and the cable might disengage or ma cable is slipping. Any thoughts? Would be interested in Chris Hs advice, obviously I realy need to wait untill the stabaliser is fixed.

dodgy clutch pedal ratchet if you need to press the pedal a few times to engage it.

But of course it wont be helped by tired mounting or worn linkage bush.

Wait till the stabilser is fixed then see how it is.

Clio Williams2

Well, been for a quick drive after picking it up and so far so good with the gear changing so well chuffed (Id prob be out driving now but no tax till tommoz). Now hopefully the speradic slug syndrome is down to hot air and a dirty IK, once thats sorted everything else is bearable (cracked arch, rusty boot etc) untill pockets recover. Cant wait till tommoz!