ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can any email server guru help me with one ?

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
Basically there are numerous emails that are not coming through / dissappearing.

Its the same everytime aswell. If a client sends an email to say 4 users here (1 TO and 3 CC'd) only 1 person in the cc list receives the email. None of the others receive anything - even the TO recipient doesnt get anything! This has happened from about 8 different addresses that i know of. Also it seems an intermitent problem.

The logs on the mail server show only 1 email coming in aswell and not 4.

The mail server software company (mdaemon) reckon the mail server is fine and problem is elsewhere going off the emails and logs i have sent them. I have just changed the mx records around so that mail comes directly to us and not through the smtp feed.

That is all i can think of now and if that doesnt work im a bit stuck! (can always re-install the email server as a last resort!)

???

Don't think its your server thats got the problem, so wouldn't reinstall.

Check the headers of one of the mails that turned up to see where its being routed over, maybe you can figure out which server has the problem.

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
The guys who write the software said the same thing.

I have had another 2 emails today from completely different email addresses. If i check the logs its like there is only 1 email that has been sent and the logs are very detailed. They are not even hitting our server ???

Could they be getting lost inbetween their server and ours ? Through the SMTP feed somehow ?

The guys that are sending the mails should have a log on their server when it leaves their side. It should also say which server is the next hop.

Normally theres not many places it can get lost, the flow is quite simple;

Sender
Senders mail server
Senders SMTP relay
MX lookup
Receivers SMTP relay
Receivers mail server
Receiver

Do you have any spam filtering anywhere? For example, we use MessageLabs which adds another hop before our SMTP relay. This is where most of our mails go 'missing'.