ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can Anyone Help . . . . . . . . . PLEEEEEEASE

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
So close to Christmas I have made the monumental c0ck up and its that bad I actually wanted to cry.

Was down the garage and all happy with myself after fitting a Clio V6 gearknob to my 197 and it looking so much better than the old one.

I then decided once that was done to get out and push the Trophy forward so give me more room and as the hand break was not on or it was not in gear I shoved it forward and before I knew it I had pushed it into a plastic pallet that sits infront of the car and I have smashed the carbon splitter.

I know that Streamline Carbon are no more and no longer exists, I know that k-tec dont have them and when they did they where limited, Someone has mentioned about Pure Motorsport but I cant seem to find it on there website.

Can anyone help me out with either repairing this to a high / good standard or know someone that can, Even better know of a good standard one for sale without cracks or chunks missing.

Cracked 004.JPG
Cracked 006.JPG

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Theres some matte ones available. Quick sand with wet and dry and then some lacquer and they're identical to the gloss ones.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Screaming out for a fabia splitter that is Marc 🤣🤣

I smashed my carbon splitter in 3 pieces before and felt exactly the same. I ordered mine from Ktec about 4 years ago though. Didn't realise they had stopped doing them.

Wait until after Xmas and give them a call to see if they can sort something out.

Won't make any difference in the meantime will it. Stick it back in the garage.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Screaming out for a fabia splitter that is Marc 🤣🤣

I smashed my carbon splitter in 3 pieces before and felt exactly the same. I ordered mine from Ktec about 4 years ago though. Didn't realise they had stopped doing them.

Wait until after Xmas and give them a call to see if they can sort something out.

Won't make any difference in the meantime will it. Stick it back in the garage.

Its not came out the garage LOL

Its just a cun! that the car has not moved in over a year and yet i push it and smash this.

RB 182 FF
Carbon splitters although look pretty, are as useful as a chocolate tea pot.... I smashed mine to pieces years ago and got a gloss black GRP one, exactly the same shape as your carbon one... I'll see if I can find out where I got mine, its been great and prepared twice with black epoxy resin and you can't even tell.... (y)

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Yeah I have seen the above guys.
I have messaged on both Facebook pages he posted on and I have also sent him a message but I have had no response or reply.

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
Is anyone available locally that could collect and then send on to you? He may not be responding as you’ve asked (nicely) to deliver and he stated collection only. Just a thought.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Is anyone available locally that could collect and then send on to you? He may not be responding as you’ve asked (nicely) to deliver and he stated collection only. Just a thought.

Seems im not getting it, Im in talks with a company who is possibly going to repair mine, Use it as a mould and then knock them out cheaper than other company's;)

Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 20.09.12.png

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
Oh. That’s a bit sh1te. I spotted the FB post and then saw you’d commented just before.

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
I think streamline carbon are part of urban automotive now, so maybe send them a email see if they can help?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

RB 182 FF
Carbon splitters although look pretty, are as useful as a chocolate tea pot.... I smashed mine to pieces years ago and got a gloss black GRP one, exactly the same shape as your carbon one... I'll see if I can find out where I got mine, its been great and prepared twice with black epoxy resin and you can't even tell.... (y)

I found my receipt and my black GRP splitter was in fact from Streamline Carbon as well...

It amazes me how there aren't companies out there making all these parts for different cars, the price they were charging you'd think it was a license to print money!!

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Well thought I would pop the bumper off (10min Job) and start to take the splitter off.

I used small nuts & Bolts and two of them won't move so I have gave them a small spray and left them for a couple of days.

I have new OE grills also so mi might fit the whole lot while the bumper is all off.

IMG_0893.JPG

IMG_0890.JPG

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
If you're still having no luck Marc, what about having its repaired and reskinned in carbon?
Would be stronger and still have the aesthetic appeal you're looking for?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
If you're still having no luck Marc, what about having its repaired and reskinned in carbon?
Would be stronger and still have the aesthetic appeal you're looking for?

This is an option, I have spoke to someone about potentially doing a run of these at a fraction of the price of K-tec but they have not got back to me and that was before xmas.
I would pay for mine to be repaired and then they would take a mould of mine and do a run of around 50 to see how things go.

I have my finger in another pie at the moment and im waiting on the items coming back and once again these are a part thats no longer available and im looking to have them done at a fraction of the price and hoping there is a demand for them and what im getting in an exact replica including Renault badge and OE part number stamped on it.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
This is an option, I have spoke to someone about potentially doing a run of these at a fraction of the price of K-tec but they have not got back to me and that was before xmas.
I would pay for mine to be repaired and then they would take a mould of mine and do a run of around 50 to see how things go.

I have my finger in another pie at the moment and im waiting on the items coming back and once again these are a part thats no longer available and im looking to have them done at a fraction of the price and hoping there is a demand for them and what im getting in an exact replica including Renault badge and OE part number stamped on it.

Keep me posted mate, i could well be up for getting another. I still have my genuine OEM one on at the mo.