ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can anyone identify what this induction kit is?

172 ph1
Just bought this car to swap over all the parts from my silver 172 track car, I think it has an OMP front strut brace and some sort of K&N induction kit but never seen it online before

Just want to know if it's any better than standard - if not then I'm swapping over the standard ph1 airbox too.

And does anyone know what the function of that protruding part on the engine is, with the 3 x shapes?

On my silver car it was hanging loose so I just got rid of it

25648457_6.jpg

Yozz'd up 182
The 3 X shape thing is the fuel rail guard.

I think its best to leave on.

Yes its a strut brace.

Never seen the IK before.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
yeah fuel race guard, you can take them off, gray has... just try not to have a front ender!

RenaultSport 172
I bought a typhoon kit for my first 172, Used a typhoon kit on my old golf with good results.

Sadly the typhoon kit for the 172 is s**t!! put a BMC on it and could tell the difference straight away, alot more urgent than with the typhoon on it.

172 ph1
I bought a typhoon kit for my first 172, Used a typhoon kit on my old golf with good results.

Sadly the typhoon kit for the 172 is s**t!! put a BMC on it and could tell the difference straight away, alot more urgent than with the typhoon on it.
swap it for the standard ph1 airbox then?

would be taken from the silver Clio that I had a small accident in:

IMG_9360s.jpg

get your self a v6 air box and panel filter.
think jms do it as a kit in various forms......

Not trying to kidnap the thread :) but where do I get a v6 air box from? Ebay & stuff? Not living in the UK ^^ I figure the Clio V6 airbox is not that common of an item. I have a friend working at a Renault dealer and I could ask for the part, but I guess it could be rather expensive :)

Thx!

-Boxer

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
griffonu, the V6 airbox mentioned is from an Espace 3.0 V6.

It can be purchased from Renault, the part number is 7700 260 096

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Slightly larger internally IIRC? It also has one large feed at the bottom rather than two of the Ph1 box.

After back to back testing JMS found the v6 box to give better results than the ph1 one.

Clio 172 ph2
can anyone tell me why the typhoon kit isn`t avaiable for the 172 with electronic throttle ?
it`s seems the same thing to me , anyone try to install it on ph2 ?