ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can clip not establishing connection

Mk2 Phase1 Clio Spor
Hi all. I am trying to read codes from my 172 ph1 using a Sonde CAN clip running V178. The clip software loads fine, detects my clip and allows me in. When I run the scan tool the progress bar goes to the end and then I get the below message, unable to establish connection. Ignition is on so don’t know what’s up. This is the first time Ive used clip and am unable to interrogate anything. Correct car is selected. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as this is doing my swede in!...

Attachments

• D6AAA84F-59A4-43A3-A6B6-DF199A743005.jpeg
    D6AAA84F-59A4-43A3-A6B6-DF199A743005.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 182

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Does it pick up the vin automatically? Obd port working?

Try it on another Renault and make sure it works. Im sure my old one done this when it broke

Mk2 Phase1 Clio Spor
Does it pick up the vin automatically? Obd port working?

Try it on another Renault and make sure it works. Im sure my old one done this when it broke

Nope, I have to enter the VIN manually. OBD port works ok with my handheld reader but that one doesn’t read the codes I need. I’m going to try updating the drivers for the clip and see what happens..

Mk2 Phase1 Clio Spor
What version of windows are you using ?

Windows 7 32bit. I think the issue is with the drivers. The driver that comes with the software is for the official Bosch clip. I have the Sonde clone. It’s proving rather difficult to install the Sonde drivers...

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Drivers will work on 7. What issues are you having installing drivers? I recall plugging the cqn clip into the obd so it detected it, then installed drivers when the box pops up.

Mk2 Phase1 Clio Spor
Drivers will work on 7. What issues are you having installing drivers? I recall plugging the cqn clip into the obd so it detected it, then installed drivers when the box pops up.
Yes, I have the clip plugged in to OBD with ignition on. The clip is detected by windows but sees It as a Bosch device which it isn’t.

There appears to be 4 drivers that need installing inplace of the 1 Bosh driver :-

JCAE CAN avant renumeration
JCAE ISO avant renumeration
JCAE CAN retour renumeration
JCAE ISO retour renumeration

First issue is making windows detect these drivers. I have placed them in the clip drivers directory with no luck. I’ve Deleted the Bosh driver and tried to manually browse to the JCAE drivers but windows isn’t seeing them.

Second issue is, how do you install four different drivers for one device?

Mk2 Phase1 Clio Spor
Quick update, success! Well partial anyway! I uninstalled the software, reinstalled again and then before running for the first time I copied the JCAE apres CAN & ISO drivers into the clip drivers directory. Plugged into ODB, on launch the software installs driver for BOSCH alliance 1B Device. The clip software does not auto detect my cars VIN and nor can I run most functions including the ‘scan tool’ buttt the ‘computers test’ runs and this is all I needed. Thanks for the input guys.

Attachments

• E6AF137E-A201-4AA2-A7DF-639FF2D281D5.jpeg
    E6AF137E-A201-4AA2-A7DF-639FF2D281D5.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 155

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Strange that it wont auto detect vin, try with ignition on. last time i installed clip im sure i just manually installed the drivers. Might need to be in administrator mode.