ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can different tyres really change the balance that much?

172 Cup CC
Curborough is one of those places that will make even a well balanced car feel understeery/oversteery and snap between the two lol. I've found tyres really come down to preference, unless they are proper cheap! but yeh, maybe scrub them in first ;)

Clio 182 FF
What's mad is I had been scrubbing them in loads, it took a lot more than I've had to before. But also it was a lot warmer this time compared to last time so I'm thinking it might be the combination of better pressures (28 all round), the warmer track temp and also the fact the new brakes were helping it sit on the nose so making it better to pivot.

Curborough is one of those places that will make even a well balanced car feel understeery/oversteery and snap between the two lol. I've found tyres really come down to preference, unless they are proper cheap! but yeh, maybe scrub them in first ;)