ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can I buy a Racing Blue aerosol from anywhere?

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
To cut a long story short, the keyless buttons on my door handles aren't working properly, so I'm going to replace them. I've bought some spare handles and new buttons but, before I fit them, I have been wondering about painting the door handles in blue to match the car, rather than the standard silver.

Can I buy an aerosol in the right colour from anywhere? Do Renault do them? It would be much easier to avoid having to get the spray gun on the go for such small parts.

Also, where can I find the exact colour code for my car?

Owen

ClioSport Admin
I got a can made up at a local Halfords a few years ago - colour match was spot on. I’m sure local paint shops/motor factors could do the same, but I didn’t know any where I lived so I headed to Halfords.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Is J45 the only version of RB on the 197?

I got a can made up at a local Halfords a few years ago - colour match was spot on. I’m sure local paint shops/motor factors could do the same, but I didn’t know any where I lived so I headed to Halfords.

Do Halfords still do paint mixing? I had a feeling that they had stopped, but I might be wrong.

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
@massivewangers

I bought some BG paint from AutoPaint St. Helens a while ago to attempt to spray a front bumper, but ended up buying a replacement due to the weather being too cold to spray at the time, so can't comment on the quality of the paint or paint matching. But i did find quite a lot of positive reviews online, including on this forum.

Please let us know how you get on, as i need to order some RB paint quite soon for touching a few bits up and some customising i'm thinking about doing.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I got some mixed up at my local motor factor yesterday. Will have to test the colour match in due course!