ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can I connect an ipod with radio in 1996 Clio Sport?

Renault Clio campus
Hi,
I have just bought a 1996 Clio Sport from the friend of a friend. Unfortunately the previous owner cannot find the handbook, and is unwell so i don't want to pester him with questions.
The battery had died and been replaced so the radio did not work. So I removed the radio to get the serial number to find the code. As I had read that I could add an ipod jack to this radio I bought an adapter and cable, as well as the pins needed to take out the radio.
Renault Update List Radio AUX lead 3.5mm jack IN Cable iPod iPhone
I fitted the adapter as instructed but when I switch on the radio I cannot find any Aux setting. Does this mean that the radio does not have an Aux setting, or am I not pressing the right buttons? I have looked online and tried most things. Should i just forget trying to connect an ipod jack or is there a way around this?
thanks in advance.