ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

can i connect the 360 to my monitor

Audi S3 225
Hey, my monitor is a 19 inch acer al1912 and has a VGA (analog D-sub) connection at the back, im wondering if i can connect the 360 to it? I know i will need a vga cable, and ive seen a few on ebay for about a tenner, all thrid party jobs. Are they any good, also how would i get sound as all i have is a normal onbaord sound card, can i connect thro that?

Thanks

Polo + Micra
yeah you should be able to connect to it but i don't think the pc will like it once you unplug it.

Polo + Micra
well it sounds like you are going to try and use the pc to get the sound output.

you will have to use a set of speakers to get the sound output

Audi S3 225
Oh, na the monitor doesnt have speakers. Ive been reading up and ive realised i need a small adpator that I connect the two phono sound leads to then plug the jack into the line in my soundcard. My speakers are crap anyway but better than no sound.

Would anyone recommend the official vga cable or a third party one.

edit - found an official lead for 20 quid on ebay and it comes with the adaptor to connect phono's to sound card. Gonna order now.

thanks dink for ya help.

Last edited:
I've been using my 360 with my Dell 19". I found that all the games looked either squashed or only used a small part of the screen (because they are all formatted for widescreen if your viewing in HD) I've sold my Dell 19" and bought an Acer 19" Widescreen. It's so much better for using the 360. I've also bought a Belkin KVM so i just hit a switch to flip between PC and 360, a lot easier than swapping cables, plus less chance of bending the pins.