ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

can i get insured on a 172

im 21 in april and would love to swap my 1.2 for a renault sport 172. is there anyone in here in my position? i have will have 3 years ncb and no point or convictions. what are my chances?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Try an online quote from tesco, im sure you can get insured, question is.. for how much are you willing to pay ?

my mate has a 172 and is only 21, depending on where you live the insurance will vary, youll probably get cover but they might take the piss on the premium

Im 18, 1 years NCb and got a quote on elephant.co.uk for a laugh, was the only online quote thing working. Got £2500 3rd party, and £3880 fully comp. But then im only 18, and ur 21...and you have 3 years NCB.

Lemmie know how much you get it for, i was thinking of upgrading when im 21

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)

Elephant have always been the cheapest for me. Tesco wont give me a quote on the V6, but Elephant will insure me for just over a grand!

just done a quote with elephant on the basis that im 21 with 3 years ncb and no points or convictions and they said 2400 which aint bad i suppose.

Burgandy 174 sport t

is anyone here 21 and got a 172?? wat ya payin coz im thinkin about gettin one at the end of the year!!

im waiting for my membership stuff to come through the post so i will try cliosport insurance then. is it cheaper than rival companys? im paying 1000 for my 1.2 16v with mods so i might re-consider my options next time i re-new my insurance.

Leon Cupra

My mate had a quote on a 172 the other day because hes thinking about changeing his car soon. He is 21 with 3 years NCD and no points the quotes came back as - Tesco £1250 Elephant £1220 Privilege £1080

Leon Cupra

I think you find most insurance companies won’t insure any car over £4K value TPFT and youd have to be an idiot to insure anything worth more than that TPFT. The only car i have been TPFT on was my first car a £1000 nova.

Clio 172 Cup, Audi A

im 21 with a cup, pay £2300 a year with 2 yrs no claims, been drivin 2 years ,fully comp, had a 1.2 extreme first car.

With renault insurance..

elephant.co.uk are a joke...apparently no costs because they are online, but they wanted £8000....

yes EIGHT THOUSAND POUNDS.....for a years insurance...and I dont even live in a high risk area :cry:

dont wanna put you off though... go for it ;)

Ive been doing some qquote myself looking at getting a 172

Some companies are unbeliabvable one wanted £21,000 yep that right for cover with £500 excess this is from one of those internet companies who search for your best deal.

Tesco quoted me something close to £1700 and direct line £1600.

Confused wanted £2.5k

http://www.cis.co.uk/http://www.cis.co.uk/ were good

There was a thread a weeks or so about insuance prices have a look at one fo the links. I entered my details on there site and they email me back a quote of ~£1400 although Ive lost the email now.

Im 21 with 1yrs NCB and a claim to my name last year and 2yrs driving experiance and live in a decient area and do about 18k/yr o ye and no points and a decient job (sometimes they get picky about certain careers)

It all depends where you live as well some companies wont cover certain areas whereas if you live in another area there fine and you get good quotes

You can get insured though. Just keep trying different comapnies Liverpool Victoria and Frizell wont cover 172 drivers under 25 BTW. Give Tesco a call there brokers offered me a price £100 lower than they initialy quoted when I said LV would insure me on my DCI for less.

I cannot see ymsefl spending that much on a 172 myself as I can fix the suspension for less than the extra insuracne alone. But then again theres an unregistered 172 in my dealership and Im of there on Friday for some warently work.

EDD

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

i sorted my insurance out for mine when i was 21, picked the car up just after my 22nd bday. i got 2 yrs NCB and a big claim 3 yrs ago. i pay £1147.

thats with tesco by the way.

I dont see why the insurance quotes are so much for you guys??

The key with Elephant is to insure a second driver it saved me £350 last time. i.e I am the main driver and my mum as a named.

Elepahnt quote:

ME 20 1yrsNCB, mums insured as second driver £1700 fully comp or £1200 3rd Party. includes a 5.5k claim

Cup 172

£1025 with tesco, im 21, good postcode i suppose :cool:, although the supra is coming soon, quoted £1600 with tesco,not bad

ive noticed if you put pn a partner female in my case who has a good driving history your quote goes down. does not make sencse to me. insurance p*sses me off.

im 22 and pay £464 for my dci 65 with 6 points and 4 years no claims. would have been £70 pound more if i did not put the woman on it

Quote: Originally posted by renaultsport83 on 19 January 2004

just done a quote with elephant on the basis that im 21 with 3 years ncb and no points or convictions and they said 2400 which aint bad i suppose.
aint bad ! thats sh*t!

im waiting will im 21 2 get an ibiza cupra 1.8t 20v and iv been quoted 1600 fc from tesco iv got 3yrs ncb and 3points ad i live in manchester

21 and 1 years NCB no claims or convictions, FC 172 insurance costs 1265 with greenlight, i used to be with directline. DO NOT INSURE WITH DIRECTLINE!!!!! i am still having no end of trouble with them because i want to cancel, they still owe me my NCD ceritficate and 1100 after letting them know over 2 weeks ago that i wanted to cancel, be warned