ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can I put it on rolling road?

Inferno 182
My 182 has just had cambelt done along with pulleys, valves, head set, head gasket etc. I have a dyno day on 3rd Nov, was just wondering will doing just a few runs damage the engine at all? As i've heard you can not go over 3000 revs for the 1st 1000miles of having the work done.

Thanks, Jamie

Inferno 182
Has is had new rings?

If not there is nothing else you really need to run in anyway.

I don't have a clue, i've got the price list and all it says is head set, 16 valves, headgasket set, head bolts, cambelt kit inc. tensioner. I'm picking the car up in about an hour so will get the full list of what has been done.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I don't have a clue, i've got the price list and all it says is head set, 16 valves, headgasket set, head bolts, cambelt kit inc. tensioner. I'm picking the car up in about an hour so will get the full list of what has been done.

Then it hasnt, as they would certainly be telling you if they had removed the pistons and rehoned the bores and fitted new rings etc.

No problem at all going straight onto the rollers then.

Inferno 182
Then it hasnt, as they would certainly be telling you if they had removed the pistons and rehoned the bores and fitted new rings etc.

No problem at all going straight onto the rollers then.

Ah ok great, thanks for the help :)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
why are you having new valves, headbolts and gasket kit fitted anyway? is it nackered?

Inferno 182
Aparently my pistons smashed into my valves and damaged them or something. And yeah they needed doing soon anyway so just did them now.

Inferno 182
You would know about it if that happened.

Take it the car broke down and that was what was diagnosed?

Well everytime I tried to start it when i broke down you could here the pistons hitting the valves (at the time I didn't know what it was)

Well everytime I tried to start it when i broke down you could here the pistons hitting the valves (at the time I didn't know what it was)

Fair enough was just the apparently that threw me.

Make sure the belts have been done properly don't want it happening again.