ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can I put my Lambda blanking plug in the Manifold?

TrackCar & F30 330d
Right so as i have ITB's and run an Omex ecu i only run one Lambda sensor.

What i want to know is can my lambda sensor be put in the decat pipe instead or the manifold?

This will mean it makes it tonnes easier to heat wrap my Manifold which is what i'm doing in my living room right now :)

Thanks

monaco 172
Can't see it being a problem if it's a track only car, itl still be reading the same reading reading, just a couple of cm later in the system.

You would need to extend the cable though obviously so it can still reach your front lambda plug

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
I did read that the nearer the collection point of the manifold the better for accuracy of afr readings, but I'm sure it would make next to no difference

TrackCar & F30 330d
I wasnt sure if putting it slightly further back may cause an issue!

Oh and i'm making a new Omex loom so the distance wouldnt be an issue :)

RS RIP
I'd stick with the first lambda , WHy change a lot of Renault research for a bit of unproven heatwrapping

TrackCar & F30 330d
Franx I'm not sure you understand what I am saying! I only run 1 lambda sensor with my itb & OMEX set up. The sensor is currently in the manifold and I wanted to know if having it further back in the exhaust made a difference? :)

ITB'd MK1
you dont want to move the lambda sensor too far back. The extra heat helps the sensor work properly (and yes the sensor does have an internal heater, but none the less.....)

RS RIP
^^ this,

but actually i did'nt know you were running an Omex /etc. When running oem ecu the first lambda is very much more important i think in comparison to your setup. Does the Omex use the first lambda data for AFR like the oem ecu ?

TrackCar & F30 330d
By the time i got to the end of the manifold with wrapping it its actually ok/enough room for me to keep the sensor there, so i will leave it plugged into the manifold.

Thanks for the info lads :)