ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can i recover deleted pictures from my hard drive?

172cup
I have stupidly deleted a folder containing all my pictures over the last few years.

As they've been too big to go into the recycle bin, they've just disappeared altogether.

Is there anyway what so ever i can get these back? Im trying ZAR now, but it won't let me do it.

Any quick help much appreciated / any recommended free software?

CLIO172, BMW3, 3061.
yeah i've done this a few times. if its recent you'll be able to get them all back. Cant remember the free software i used but search for open source image recovery tools :)

CLIO172, BMW3, 3061.
to be honest it was trial and error for me. some open source software is s**t and some does exactly the same job as the most expensive software out there. Usually when i have an issue like that i end up installing about 5 different ones until i find a good one that works.

172cup
can you remember your last one that worked? i just downloaded a couple of image recovery ones, and it didn;t allow me to select my hard drive... they are only for memory card recovery

CLIO172, BMW3, 3061.
i cant think off the top of my head i've tried so many. should write these things down lol. Just searching on google, the first thing that came up was http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec

says it can recover from Hard Drives but never used it so cant comment on performance sorry.

172cup
just tried that one, didnt work. thanks though

so so pissed off at myself. My gf is going to kill me when she wakes up!

CLIO172, BMW3, 3061.
hmmm like i said trial and error. keep trying you'll find one out there. :) good luck