ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can I remove blackrain JB and unlock?

1998 BMW e46 323i
Not entirely happy with my 3GS (3.1.2 05.11 7D11) being buggy and tethered, serves me right for not waiting til 4.0 JB etc etc...

Can I remove it all, and be back where I was, on 3.1.2...

I've tried restoring to a custom ipsw, with no luck.

Ta, John

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Download the normal firmware.

Hold shift and click 'Restore' in iTunes.

Select the firmware you've downloaded.

Remember to back up first.

1998 BMW e46 323i
Tried that Christopher, won't let me install a few Ive downloaded.

Dafthead, I'm loathe to restore to 3.1.3 because of the future implications… it's an option tho.

Cupra
You have three choices;

1) Restore to 3.1.3 and loose hope of jailbreaking or unlocking your phone.

2) If Cydia has saved your SHSHs for 3.1.2 on file, you can follow the procedure on iClarrified to restore genuine 3.1.2 firmware.
To know if you have SHSHs on file, Cydia should look like this:
rhmpw1.jpg

3) Use my custom 3.1.3 firmware. I made it myself using the Pwnage tool. It does not have any bugs, although you may have to download the carrier logo fix from Cydia.
To install it, use the shift restore method that Chistopher mentioned.
PM me if you want the firmware and I'll send you the link for the download.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
You have three choices;

2) If Cydia has saved your SHSHs for 3.1.2 on file, you can follow the procedure on iClarrified to restore genuine 3.1.2 firmware.
To know if you have SHSHs on file, Cydia should look like this:
rhmpw1.jpg

I've just done this as I wanted to go back to standard firmware and not run risks of not being able to JB it again (got my 3GS on release day so not sure how they're affected).

Quick notes I didn't see in the guides, turn off your sim lock first or you'll need to put your sim in another phone to turn off the lock and then back into iPhone to continue.

Also, strangely now it's on standard firmware, I still have my custom fake network carrier. I wanted to return to standard incase it needs to go back so am going to have to JB, change carrie and unJB it again just for that. Pain... Everything else seems fine and seems a bit quicker. Restore saved all my settings, contacts, messages etc even my game settings and saves incase anyone wondered otherwise.

1998 BMW e46 323i
Ok, so Cydia doesn't have my SHSH, and Ive tried installing genuine apple ipsw 3.1, it fails when iTunes connects with apple servers?! Error says my device s ineligible. Is there a way around this, or am I doing something wrong? Do I need to remove cydia or my unlock prior…

Andy I'm part way through dl'ing your ipsw, but rapidshare hates me.

Cupra
You can only install firmware older than 3.1.3 if your phone has SHSH stored with Cydia, otherwise the Apple servers will only authorise the current firmware.

I'll leave the files there for you. :D

1998 BMW e46 323i
Thanks again Andy you're a Legend, I finally get it now. D'oh!!!

I've got 3 of the 4 files now. 1 download per day FTL!

Do I need to join them with something or will iTunes see it as one?

Will I be able to unlock in future (can't get my head round this still)?

Last edited:
  Cupra
Very welcome. :D

You will need to use WINRAR or 7Zip (free) to extract the IPSW file. Then you just shift click restore in iTunes and point it to the new file.

The baseband in my IPSW is not altered, but it is locked to the original carrier. This means that you will then have to install ultrasn0w (baseband 04.26) or blacksn0w (baseband 05.11) from Cydia if you want an unlock at a later date.

1998 BMW e46 323i
Yeah thanks again, I've got winzip, but will iTunes not see 4 files? Do I just point it at one of them, or will iTunes see one file?

I'm not wanting to unlock now, but with voda not offering an unlock, I will in August or Sept be wanting to change mobile carriers when my contract ends.

Don't wanna f**k myself in the ass if you get me?!

Cupra
You will have to extract the file first before trying to find it in iTunes. If you open one of the .rar files with winzip then it will extract the contents from all and make one file for you.

Just put it on your desktop or somewhere easy to find. Make sure that you do the Shift & Click and get to select the custom firmware. If you don't get that as the first option, go back and try again. You don't want the phone to end up on the official 3.1.3.