ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

can i use bmw 3 series jack to lift clio mk1?

clio mk1 phase 1
hi there...i want to be sure on this if i can or cannot use a bmw 3 series jack to lift clio mk1 to change the wheels??

the reason im asking this is because the clio mk1 jacks are soo rubbish and difficult as compared to the bmw 3 series jack.:dapprove:

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Use a trolley jack much safer/easier

There is no reason why you cant use the 3 series jack tho

clio mk1 phase 1
cant afford it mate im a student and im going to use me dadz bmw sereies jack lolz. going to fit rims on now 16s tsw apex. thanks for the quick reply mate. adioss.

I'd have to see the jack in question as some BMW Jacks used to go into a hole in the sill if its that type its no good. if its a scissor type jack with a platform on it that you can jack the car up on the sill lip with then its fine. My 172 Jack sheared off and i had a wheel off so had to pinch one out of my dads old CTR to get the clio one out from under the car and lower it back down.

clio mk1 phase 1
i see. na the 3 series is old d reg. lolz however i just tried it and yes its a perfect fit and yes it lifts up the clio. one thing thou i cant unlock the nuts...dey are stuck solid as a rock. got ne advice?? :dead:

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
put more effort in!! lol!

use a large breaker bar rather than the pansy wheel brace!

clio mk1 phase 1
lolz i seriously cant be asked its the fukin heat thats puting me off. lolz. thinking of getting them air compressor tools that should the trick. or am i jus being abit over the top??

Monaco Blue Mk2
Over the top mate, Loosen the nuts with the car fully lowered on the ground. The normal wheel brace supllied with the car is fairly cack though so get something decent. Mine were really tight aswel, I stamped on the wrench at first to loosen them.

1998 BMW e46 323i
havind watched a guy in a scrap yard remove a lot of wheels, I reckon the best way is to use a wheel brace that looks like an X or + (know what I mean?) and just tap it round with a lump hammer, if you've got these lying round.

I've always used a wheel brace and a small scaff' bar. The leverage is immense

A number of clios
i bought a wheel brace from halfords it was about 20 quid its got a socket on the end thats 17mm on one side and 19mm on the other you just turn it round and the handle pulls out aswell to make it longer best thing ive bought for the job

john.med said:
havind watched a guy in a scrap yard remove a lot of wheels, I reckon the best way is to use a wheel brace that looks like an X or + (know what I mean?) and just tap it round with a lump hammer, if you've got these lying round.

I've always used a wheel brace and a small scaff' bar. The leverage is immense

I've got one of those X ones. Also use the lump hammer way or stick a large tube over one of the sockets