ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can RENAULT take my car home

Quote: Originally posted by RS-Steve on 19 August 2005

I gave my 172 to a renault tech, he had it for ages at home and work and came back better than when he took it!!!! An he thrashed it cos he told me lol!!!
sorry it took 6-7 weeks lol had a loooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnngggggg road test to do! chippy run etc u know ;) hated the limiter though comes in to hard lol

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

Quote: Originally posted by richy on 19 August 2005

Quote: Originally posted by RS-Steve on 19 August 2005

I gave my 172 to a renault tech, he had it for ages at home and work and came back better than when he took it!!!! An he thrashed it cos he told me lol!!!
sorry it took 6-7 weeks lol had a loooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnngggggg road test to do! chippy run etc u know ;) hated the limiter though comes in to hard lol

Thats what that smell was PMSL

lol actually...... if u look under the back seats u may find some of my chinese in there, it fell out of the bag, had 2 bag fulls for the lads lol

but at least i fixed the car lmao

my 182 was in for the headlight too o/s/f kept cutting out , they said they couldnt find any faults then discovered it was the alternator that was causing the problems , had a new alternator fitted last week and so far all ok .

brian

Ford Fiesta

no chance. when i ordered my clio it came and it had bene taken home to one of the guys houses, could tell from the route on the nav!

all they have to do to re create darkness is cover the sensor with a dark cloth.

so dam thick.

Remapped derv Golf

Remember seeing a tech taking out a Cossie and blasting it on a cold engine. I reckon it was his bosses car. Complete tit! only looking about 14!

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by GR7 on 19 August 2005

Quote: Originally posted by PJVTS on 18 August 2005

I told them i didnt really like that idea and that surely i can test it!?

Have i been unfair or would you guys have done the same?

My car is quite important to me and i just dont like the idea of some tom, dick or harry taking my car home or out for the evening!?
I have friends who are in the garage business/mechanics/garage owner etc and I can tell you that where I live, and probably 99% everywhere else, the mechanics and technicians are not at all as you have all described above! They are mostly well respected people who wouldnt be interested in ragging customers cars as they want them to remain customers and sometimes a mechanic has to drive the car rather longer than normal, to try and locate/detect an intermittent fault with the car and if I were you, I wouldnt worry.

You know yourself that some faults dont appear the minute you pop into your garage or you go out on a run with the mechanic, so he possibly needs your car a bit longer than just a five minute drive and obviously a busy garage doesnt have time to go on a longish drive when they could be doing MOTs/servicing cars etc.

Dont worry about your car (unless you have a garage full of nutters) as if the worst happens and someone hits it, then it will be insured by the dealer whilst in its care!
it still amazes me how naive you are !!

Punto/Clio GTT

Quote: Originally posted by GR7 on 19 August 2005

Quote: Originally posted by PJVTS on 18 August 2005

I told them i didnt really like that idea and that surely i can test it!?

Have i been unfair or would you guys have done the same?

My car is quite important to me and i just dont like the idea of some tom, dick or harry taking my car home or out for the evening!?
I have friends who are in the garage business/mechanics/garage owner etc and I can tell you that where I live, and probably 99% everywhere else, the mechanics and technicians are not at all as you have all described above! They are mostly well respected people who wouldnt be interested in ragging customers cars as they want them to remain customers and sometimes a mechanic has to drive the car rather longer than normal, to try and locate/detect an intermittent fault with the car and if I were you, I wouldnt worry.

You know yourself that some faults dont appear the minute you pop into your garage or you go out on a run with the mechanic, so he possibly needs your car a bit longer than just a five minute drive and obviously a busy garage doesnt have time to go on a longish drive when they could be doing MOTs/servicing cars etc.

Dont worry about your car (unless you have a garage full of nutters) as if the worst happens and someone hits it, then it will be insured by the dealer whilst in its care!

absolute tripe!

ive worked at 7 bodyshops and in ALL bodyshops, the cars get ragged, they get looked through the compartments for things to take, cds, your car will be used as a canteine also.

needless to say ive done it myself, when its pissin down with rain, the floor is freezin cold in the garage, no cafeteria, sorry, but im sitting in your nice warm car with fans on im affraid.